In order to continue delivering high quality and innovative gameplay, they are looking for a VFX Artist to join the team.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine.
- Work with the Art Director to define a visual style for VFX
- Cooperate with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a VFX Artist in game development
- Strong understanding of particle systems, shaders and procedural animation.
- Working knowledge of Maya, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
- Extensive experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems.
- Being familiar with a node graph oriented workflow
- Able to work within a specific art style
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Strong scripting experience is a plus
- Experience in Houdini is a plus.
- Experience as an animator, modeler and/or texture artist is a plus
- Being an avid gamer is a plus.
- Experience with shaders in a package like Unreal or Hlsl experience is a plus
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company