Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
Wargaming Helsinki is on the lookout for a talented VFX artist to help them with pushing their games’ visual effects to the next level.
- Create awesome stylised VFX based on specs provided by the Art Lead
- Collaborate with technical artists to create a toolset for making the best effects possible
- Work with designers to make our games feel fantastic to play
- Ensure high quality of VFX assets and be responsible for meeting project requirements and specifications
- Agility to take on occasional tasks needed to improve the quality of our game
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX artist working within games or another related industry
- Strong familiarity with Unity regarding the creation and implementation of VFX, from particle systems to animation and material setup
- Knowledge of limitations regarding mobile device performance, and how to get around them!
- Professional and collaborative attitude, self-driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of receiving and providing constructive criticism
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Knowledge of 3D packages like 3ds Max, Blender or Maya
- Technical art skills such as pipeline development and tooling
- Shader programming knowledge
- Performance optimization knowledge, especially for mobile devices
- Animation skills