This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Very insightful. Thanks!
Wargaming Helsinki is on the lookout for a talented VFX artist to help them with pushing their games’ visual effects to the next level.
- Create awesome stylised VFX based on specs provided by the Art Lead
- Collaborate with technical artists to create a toolset for making the best effects possible
- Work with designers to make our games feel fantastic to play
- Ensure high quality of VFX assets and be responsible for meeting project requirements and specifications
- Agility to take on occasional tasks needed to improve the quality of our game
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX artist working within games or another related industry
- Strong familiarity with Unity regarding the creation and implementation of VFX, from particle systems to animation and material setup
- Knowledge of limitations regarding mobile device performance, and how to get around them!
- Professional and collaborative attitude, self-driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of receiving and providing constructive criticism
What additional skills can set you apart:
- Knowledge of 3D packages like 3ds Max, Blender or Maya
- Technical art skills such as pipeline development and tooling
- Shader programming knowledge
- Performance optimization knowledge, especially for mobile devices
- Animation skills