Awesome breakdown. Good designers often have similar processes.
Found it here: https://exoside.com/quadremesher/, just in case anyone else is looking for it.
The link at the end is pointing back to the article. Couldn't find the Quad Remesher and I would really love to test it.
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Weapon Modeler to join its Overwatch art team in Irvine, California.
- Create both high-resolution 3D models and final low polygon game assets
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in a game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in weapons, mechanical or vehicle modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Exceptional understanding of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a 3D artist specializing in equipment, weapons or vehicles