I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Treyarch’s Weapon Art team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Weapon and Hard Surface Artist to join the team (temporary assignment).
You can apply here.
- Contribute in creating weapons, attachments, and equipment at the highest quality for in game and promotional uses either through Modelling, Texturing, or Designing.
- Rig and implement assets into the game.
Work together with Artists, Animators, and Designers on ensuring the best player experience.
- An incredible passion for 3D art and First Person Shooters.
- 4+ years of experience working within game development.
- Excellent abilities in hard surface modeling.
- Excellent abilities in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work.
- Excellent attention to design, detail, form and function.
- Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design.
- Must be a team player and collaborate with others.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical function and purpose.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet deadlines and goals.
- Must be willing to go above and beyond what’s expected to ensure the absolute best quality is achieved.
- Excellent communicator willing to receive and give direction and critique.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, keeping your work clean and tidy.
- Strong background in traditional art skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities creatively and technically.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 3D and image editing programs.