I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Sketch based modelling
• Draw an outline to create a fully rounded 3D model immediately, then draw more outlines to refine the shape.
• Separate shapes can be merged together to create a continuous skin.
• “Boolean And” and Subtract operators can also be applied to cut into a model.
Sculpting by Painting
• Warp brushes add details to the model surface creating bumps and grooves as you paint.
• Includes Inflate, Deflate, Pinch, Smooth and Flatten brushes. Easy Curve Modelling Tools
Easy Curve and Mesh editing
• Soft move tools let you shape curves and meshes by dragging them with your mouse while the model updates in realtime.
Image Based Sculpting
• New Image Inflate tool takes a silhouette or greyscale image and produces a 3D model using Heightmap, Bubble, Bevel and Extrude styles. Most of the pieces of armour in this screenshot were created from Inflated Images.
Adaptive Subdivision Sculpting
• Meshes divide as you sculpt putting the detail exactly where you need it and keeping the overall triangle count down. You can even reverse the process where needed with a new mesh simplification tool.
Painting in 3D
• Paint on colour, specular, and bumpmaps in either the 3D views or on the 2D textures.
• Use a variety of brush shapes, a dropper tool and a smooth brush to work on texture maps.
• Curvy 3D objects are created with ready made UV maps so you can just select a brush and start painting.
Materials and Lighting
• Curvy Lightmap technology lets you apply materials and lighting together. Choose from plastic, clay or metallic Lightmaps (and many more) or paint your own.
Project Dogwaffle Integration
• Quickly swap textures back and forth from Project Dogwaffle to apply 2D filters and other effects.
• Save the current view as a brush with an alpha channel into Project Dogwaffle.
• Draw Lathes and use Quick Merge All to turn them into a smooth skin ready for sculpting. Curvy 3D is very fast at making an accurate basemesh for high resolution sculpting.
• Export models to 3DS or OBJ to animate and render in other software.