Trying to steal Vray's thunder.
I'm gonna wait for Steam version
Version v0.98 is now available with many new features including a ray tracer for making photo-realistic images. Anim8or has come a long way since the first release called v0.1. There are still may areas that need improvement, primarily the renderer, but it’s getting close to what I had originally imagined as the magic v1.0. I don’t plan on stopping there, but it’ll be a nice milestone along the way.
- 3D Modeler with primitives such as spheres, cubes, and cylinders
- Mesh modification and subdivision
- Splines, extrusions, lathing, modifiers, bevelling and warping
- TrueType font support allowing for 2D and 3D text
- The ability to import .3DS, .LWO and .OBJ files for modification
- The ability to export .3DS, .OBJ, .VTX and .C files for use in external programs
- Plug-in support, using the Anim8or Scripting Language, also known as ASL for short
- 3D object browser to allow the user to view 3D files in a specified directory
- Textures in .BMP, .GIF and .JPG formats
- Environment maps, bump maps, transparency, specularity amongst others
- Character editor with joints
- Morph targets
- Renderer supporting fog, infinite, local and spot lights, anti-aliasing, alpha channels and depth channels
- Printing directly from the program
- Volumetric Shadows as well as ray traced hard and soft shadows as well as ambient occlusion support.
- A plain text file format, allowing for the development of external tools such as Terranim8or