Thanks, Allar! Good luck with your new project!
Who just carries around $250.000 worth of files on a portable hardrive without any backups.. The bug is stupid, but this guy is a moron.
Michael Allar here. Thanks a bunch for posting this, I really appreciate it. I'm also the guy who wrote that Confessions article that was posted here on 80.lvl as well.
General engine features:
- Geometry: triangle, polygons (concave/convex), accelerated rendering and hardware data storage
- Mesh hierarchy and LOD (Level of Details)
- Biped/Rigged models
- Animation: keyframe, morphing, morph target and skinning (CPU and GPU with GLSL)
- Animation (advanced): animation state machine using anim graph, skeletal animation retarget
- Material: color, transparency and texture maps (opacity, normal, specular, reflection, refraction, height maps), 2 uv sets
- Material (advanced): fully customizable material using material graph (material backed with glsl shader code)
- Shader: support for vertex, fragment and compute shaders
- Lighting: forward and deferred lighting, light assignable per object
- Asset manager: asynchronous loading, asset reference counter (with automatic unreferenced asset unload support)
- Collision: box, sphere, cylinder, capsule, convex hull and concave mesh collision shapes (powered by Bullet physics and V-HACD)
- Physics: rigid and soft body dynamics (powered by Bullet physics)
- Game: scene graph with component based system, scriptable game objects and rendering (editor integration in progress)
Visibility: frustum culling, depth sorting, LOD
Unified pluggable IO api to read and write respectively from and to: file system, jar, zip, gz and lzma; and read from class loader and network (http, https, ftp)
UI/Widgets with OpenGL based rendering UI system
- Widgets: label, button, slider, check box, radio button, combo box, panel, scroll pane and popup.
- Events: mouse, key, mouse wheel and focus events listener (Swing alike)
- Layout manager (vertical/horizontal and grid layouts)
- Theme support: fully customizable widgets, two default themes available (one theme is a third party)
- Xml/Json support: layout and theme can be stored/read in easy editable xml/json file
- Asynchronous ui texture loading and support of atlas texture (texture packing, sprite)