I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
New and improved animation and keyframing tools including Key Frame Filters and a Graph Editor, which puts the power in your hands. These new tools, as well as new intuitive keyboard shortcuts, connect the serious animator to the 3D model in a symbiotic relationship. Smoothing, refining and perfecting animation sequences has never been easier.
New SubDivision and Smoothing tools allow the user to control 3D rendering levels and model levels, allowing smoothing from within the assembly room. This cuts time out of your flow and saves you from needlessly switching between the modeling and assembly rooms just to update smoothing options.
Improvements to the viewport avatars for lights and cameras provide a new, aesthetically pleasing look to the interface. The Sunlight, Moonlight, Shape Light and Tube Lights have all received a makeover. This provides a greater visual reference as to how light will emanate from a source and react in the scene.
Now you can enjoy figure posing, modeling, 3D landscape design, rigid and soft-body dynamics, animation and 3D rendering all within a single application at an affordable price. Add a whole new dimension to your 3D art and animation with Carrara.
New in Carrara 8.5
- Windows Vista, 7 and 8
- Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8
Native DSON Importer – seamless integration of:
- TriAxTM Weight Mapped figures (Genesis, Genesis 2 Female)
- General Weight Mapped figures
- Legacy Parametric Figures (4th Generation and earlier)
- Support for multiple UV sets (through Hierarchical Material(s) Presets and Material(s) Presets)
Native AutoFit Functionality
- Conversion of legacy parametric clothing to TriAx™ weight mapped figures
- Automatic Morph Projection
- Automatic Weight Map Projection
- Morph Preservation
- AutoFit does not currently work on Genesis 2
Improved Sequencer, Keyframing and Animation Tools
- New Key Board Shortcuts to:
- Play/Stop animation
- Advance Frame
- Previous Frame
- Sample – Creates a key at every nthframe of the animation
- Smooth – Smooth out wild keys to get an even looking animation
- Reduce – Programatically determine which keys are unnecessary and eliminate them
Graph Editor Scaling Box allows for easy adjustments of timing, scaling and amplitude of animations
- Smart Content
- Browse content by File, Category or Product
- Selection based filtering of content – only see the content that is compatible with a selection
- Animation Commands
- Zero, Memorize and Restore figures, selection or selection trees
- Memorize and Restore allow users to store values for the model’s current pose and/or shape and restore all or part of the figure to the previously memorized values.
- Improved Fit To Functionality
- Automatic projection and following of morphs for TriAx weightmapped figures
- No more relying on built in clothing morphs to fit clothing over a TriAx figure
- Improved Viewport Avatars
- Spotlight, Sunlight, Moonlight, Tube Lights and Shape lights have all received a makeover and can easily be identified in the viewport