Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Birmingham GB 20, Sep — 24, Sep
Chiba JP 20, Sep — 24, Sep
Ohio US 21, Sep — 24, Sep
Québec CA 26, Sep — 28, Sep
Los Angeles US 27, Sep — 1, Oct
Very interesting article, thanks for sharing!
astounding work there - hope someone important notices! I'm just jrpg fan. . . somebody needs to hire you!
Yasss you guys rule so much LOVE please do the next part!!!
Crystal Space is a modular, configurable, and extensible rendering engine supporting OpenGL and advanced features such as shaders and lighting systems, physics, 3D sounds, animation blending, foliage, terrain, virtual file system, physical peripherals, and more.
The Crystal Space SDK
- Highly platform independent with good platform abstraction. Supports GNU/Linux, OSX and Windows operating systems, and x86, PowerPC, ARM and SPARC processor architectures.
- Support of a wide range of compilers and IDE, including Visual C++ 8, 9 & 10, gcc, MinGW/MSYS, Code::Blocks.
- Written in standard C++ using very few non-standard extensions.
- Self contained so that many modules requires no or few external dependencies.
- Virtual File System handling both physical files on disk and files within ZIP files.
- Abstracted configuration layer with support for settings in configuration file, system dependent storage such as the registry and command line.
- Platform specific optimizations (MMX/SSE/Altivec).
- Modularized using a lightweight component framework, SCF, based upon the COM model. Components can be easily loaded or switched dynamically.
- Bindings for other programming languages through SWIG: Java, Python, Perl, dedicated bindings for Python.
- All subsystems easily extendable for new file formats.
- Rendering & Lighting
- OpenGL-based engine, supports hardware accelerated rendering on all supported platforms and cards from all well known vendors.
- Rendering loops for custom rendering of objects.
- Unshadowed, parallel-split shadow maps, and deferred lighting render managers.
- Static lighter with radiosity and caustic.
- Lightmap and per-vertex lighting.
- Rendering to textures.
- Can be written in Cg and ARB. Shader description and mappings are defined in a XML compliant language.
- Support for multiple passes, vertex and fragment programs. Light selection and multiple lights in one pass possible.
- Shader weaver for combination of shaders and post-processing effects.
- HDR rendering, tone mapping and eye adaptation.
- Fallback system of shader techniques for hardware compatibility.
- Library of available shaders and post-processing effects: diffuse, specular, bump map, glow, parallax, fur, bloom, blur, water, glass, and many others.
- Automatic environment mapping.
- Scene & Level Of Detail Management
- Scene node system for easy composition of objects
- Decomposition of a world in sectors with portals connecting them. Portals can be used for effects such as LOD management, streamed loading, mirrors or space warping.
- Three different cullers: hardware occlusion culling (Occluvis), frustum culling (Frustvis), and dPVS (Dynavis).
- General system for static LOD on all types of meshes, progressive LODS.
- Impostors for replacement of far meshes with a 2D object.
- Threaded loader for streamed loading of levels and objects.
- Instanciation of meshes and objects.