I'm gonna wait for Steam version
Free work is ok if it's not-commercical project, such as modding for game. If it's commercical and they're going to make money off your work then it's unfair.
Dungeon Craftis an adventure creator that is based on the AD&D gaming system. It mimics the features and functionality of SSI’s Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures. While FRUA is DOS based, DC is Win32 based and currently runs under Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista using DirectX 7 and higher. Check out the minimum requirements on the downloads page.
While this is an attempt to recreate the functionality of the original FRUA/Gold Box as closely as possible, some improvements have been made. Most notably:
- supports 16/24/32 bit color
- supports BMP, PCX, TGA, PNG, JPEG, WAV, MIDI, MP3, MOD, and AVI file types
- 640×480, 800×600, and 1024×768 screen sizes during game play
- Editable items, spells, and monsters
- Increased capacity for maps, events, quests, special items, and text
- Each design is self-contained, the editor is not required to play the game
- All art can be customized
- Area view can be configured to auto map, display the whole map, or no map.
- Text events can use scripted conversations, Ultima style
- Map walls/blockages can be altered at runtime
Plus, new features and event triggers can be added as desired to future releases.