Derjyn it is really hard to understand your motivation of commenting. I bought the material and it *highly* satisfied my needs. Also the seller is really helpful, I was'nt able to run it in 4.18 he fixed it in minutes. If you really want make something really productive create your material and than release an article here.
So uhh.. What's happening at Machine Games then?
Great article but the link to the artist's Artstation portfolio is no longer working?
I had been developing games professionally in Macromedia Director for 10 years, and was very disappointed with the development of the product the last 5 years. To make up for this, I wrote several graphical sub-systems, some very project-specific, but finally I designed one that fulfilled the more generic criteria I had for a 2D game creation graphics API. It was being developed in Director’s scripting language Lingo from autumn 2004 to spring 2005, and since then it’s a C# project..
Some of the features are:
- Easy media management.
- Sprite hierarchy (parent/child relations, where children’s Rotation, LOC etc. are inherited from the parent).
- Collision detection.
- Plugin-based rendering (Direct3D, GDI+, Irrlicht is next).
- Custom raster operations.
- Procedural textures (Perlin/Wood/Marble/Plasma/others).
- Particle systems.
- Flash, Photoshop, and Director import (not scripts). NB: Only prototype functionality.
- Mouse events by sprite (enter/leave/up/down etc. events).
- Widgets (button, frame, window, scrollbar etc.). All are sprite-based, so blending/scaling/rotating works on widget elements as well.
- Animator object (can animate almost any property of a sprite).
- Interpolators (for generating smooth animations, color gradients etc.).
- Sprite texts (each character is a sprite which can be animated, supports custom multicolor bitmap fonts and kerning).
- Example game prototypes (Puzzle Bobble, Parallax Asteroids, Snooker/Minigolf, Cave Hunter).
- IDE with scene graph, sprite/behavior editing, resource management, and debugging tools.
- Simple scripting language, FlowScript, for animation and sound control.
- Plug-in sound system (currently BASS or DirectSound).
- New – Color editor toolset: Gradient, Painter-style HSB picker, Color swatches (supports .aco, .act,Painter.txt).
- New – Classes for RGB, HSB, HSL, HWB, Lab, XYZ color spaces (with plug-in functionality). Picker that handles any 3-dimensional color space.