Guys! We need "Favorites" tab here on 80.lv
My motivation wasn't to knock Cem, not as a person nor as a developer. As I said, "this is cool, no doubt about that". I was sharing my personal opinion about the price-point for a material that is so expensive (performance-wise), and pointing out the fact that the same look can be achieved for cheaper (both performance and wallet-wise). I personally find it hard to budget 10s of dollars for a single material, a single effect, etc., but that's me. Other people have money pouring out of their ears and can afford to play like that. The internet is getting less friendly as far as opening dialogues like this. People should be able to have opinions and share them, debate them, without being told to hush up and move along. I hope others buy and use this asset- I'd be curious to see how it stacks up to alternatives out there (again, as I said "I love options"). As far as making my own assets and releasing articles here? It's in the works. And if somebody came along and started a dialogue about issues, opinions they had, or whatever- I would be happy to engage them!
- Full-featured OpenGL and OpenGL ES based rendering system.
- Material system with built-in shader library.
- Scene graph system with support for lights, cameras, audio, physics and drawables.
- Declarative scene, animation, particles and material bindings.
- Height map based terrains with multiple surface layers and LOD.
- Easy-to-use sprite, tileset and text rendering.
- Declarative UI system supporing 2D/3D theme-able user interfaces.
- Built-in UI core controls and layouts.
- Fully extensible animation system with skeletal character animation.
- Complete 3D audio system with WAV and OGG support.
- AI agent, state machine and messaging.
- Full vector math library with 2D/3D math and visibility culling.
- Mouse, keyboard, touch, gestures and gamepad support.
- Lua script bindings and user binding generator tool.
- Editor ( coming soon )