Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
- Intuitive user interface and in-screen editing.
- Just-in-time animations for studios and live TV productions.
- Real-time creativity for live-action previzualizations.
- Replicate real-life actors with photo-to-3D actor creation.
- Design & direct 3D characters ready-rigged for body & facial animation.
- Multiple character styles for human and non-human types.
- Audition and record body motions with innovative actor puppeteering.
- Blend MixMoves mocap library motions to create
seamless transitions between motions.
- Animate on-the-fly with real-time Microsoft Kinect motion capture.
- Natural prop physics animation with fall, collide and bounce effects.
- Interactive object controls with iScripts.
- Tons of prop templates for custom textures and dynamic designs.
- Modular elements and components for scene setups
- Create beautiful scenery with natural world systems: terrain, sky, water, grass and tree.
- Make sophisticated art directions with HDR, IBL, AO and other atmospheric styles.
Camera & Lighting
- Multiple camera view settings and live switch
- Smart filmming techniques with look-at, link-to and smooth path controls.
- A variety of lighting effects using ambient light, directional light, spot light & point light.
- Free 3D modeling tool and assets from Google’s SketchUp and 3D Warehouse.
- Bring other 3D content into iClone in 3DS, OBJ, and FBX formats via 3DXchange.
- Essential character and content development through 3DS Max plug-ins
- Template particle effects and custom parameters with attributes.
- Material effects with 7 texture channels.
- Key-able post effects such as color filters, lens blur and NPR.
Render & Output
- Real-time preview renders in wireframe, smooth shader and pixel shader modes.
- Popular images and video format export.
- Create eye-popping, 3D stereoscopic videos with customizable convergence distances.
- Template-based content for quick character and stage setup.
- Expandable content library with Reallusion’s Content Store and Marketplace.
- Live content access and enjoyable try-before-buy system.