Wow, that's great. Have to try this out!
Wow beautiful environment. Very thorough and detailed. But I think there are a few images that are not showing up (error?). Is that just me? Interested in seeing those other pictures...
Jack. First of all, I want to apologize for offending you. We published this just to show how the tech could be used. We don't actually care about the message. But you do bring up a viable point, that for some people - this might be an issue, so I take this post down.
K-3D’s interface uses your platform’s look-and-feel, and it’s consistent with the applications you already know. New artists will find K-3D easy to understand, and professionals feel right at home. K-3D is intuitive, consistent, and discoverable.
K-3D features procedural and parametric workflows. Properties can be adjusted interactively and results appear immediately. The powerful, node-based visualization pipeline allows more possibilities than traditional modifier stacks or histories. Selection flows from one modifier to the next. An advanced undo/redo system ensures you can always go back, and the pioneering undo tree means you can always go forward, even where other programs lose the ability to redo.Industrial-strength standards form the foundation on which K-3D builds – including native RenderMan(TM) support that integrates tightly with the K-3D user interface.
Get all the power of a node-based visualization pipeline: connect anything to anything else. K-3D gives you the freedom to create combinations never before seen. Work on one side of a model, show the other side mirrored, and see the end result welded together as a subdivision surface in realtime. Using K-3D, complex workflows are easy to create and understand. Go back, modify the beginning of a workflow, and watch as changes propagate automatically to the end.
K-3D is Free Software. Run it on your choice of platform. Adapt it for any purpose. Receive it at no cost. Share it with your friends. All of the K-3D source code is available under the GNU General Public License.
- Unlimited hierarchical undo/redo.
- Interactive tutorials.
- Procedural modeling and animation.
- Camera: pan/tilt, zoom, dolly, modeling and tripod modes.
- Viewing Modes: Detailed selection of visible features.
- Hide / unhide geometry.
- Powerful scene graph Procedural Modeling with complete modeling history.
- Selection: Objects, meshes, faces, edges, patched, curves, point groups, points.
- Geometry types: Polygon, NURBS, subdivision, blobby.
- 3D Primitives: Cone, circle, cushion, cylinder, disk, grid, paraboloid, polyhedron, sphere, torus.
- Boolean modeling operations (using GTS library).
- Text: FreeType2 support.
- Instantiation: Create duplicates without adding gemometry to the scene.
- Visualization Pipeline allows arbitrary dataflow – any object property can be connected to any other compatible property.
- Animate any value.
- Unlimited number of animation channels.
- Bezier curve channels.
- Animate modeling operations.
- Materials and Textures
- Textures with 16-bit float bitdepth.
- Procedual RenderMan shaders.
- Full RenderMan Support: Aqsis, Pixie, BMRT, PRman, 3Delight, Render Dot C.
- Extensible support for alternate render engines and models: Yafray.
- Render OpenGL previews to disk.
- Python engine (preferred engine for new script development).
- K3DScript engine (minimal scripting engine for tutorials / macros).
- Support for alternate script engine plugins and environments.