Very old paper
I really hope this ends up being as good as it seems to have the potential of being. If it does, we're probably looking at something becoming almost as ubiquitous as Substance has become. And I really appreciate the devs admittance of the fact that devs should be cautious about it. I mean, even in my experience developing, both professionally and as a hobbyist, I've played around with many scenes that upon closer inspection, just aren't setup how they should be, whether it's because of asset arrangement, faulty optimization/no optimization, lightning, etc. I think People need to be more cautious of other's work, and that goes double for an AI. I also hope this will be made as integrations, plugin or otherwise, with commercial engines for all us indie devs!
I'd like to know the pros and cons of this vs Parrallax Occlusion Mapping with Pixel Depth Offset. I can see this being a bit of a headache for the GPU due to overdraw.
New Features in Next Minor or Major Release [04/21/2014]
- new Palette [04/05/2014]
- fixed color slider bugs [3/8/2014]
- inverse : inverse solid and empty space [3/8/2014]
- expand : expand size by 2 [3/8/2014]
- dilation/erosion [3/14/2014]
- palette : RGB slider for color picker [3/14/2014]
- maze [3/14/2014]
- add axis and hide frame edges [3/20/2014]
- improving shading [3/20/2014]
- config : add pivot, transform options for mesh export [4/15/2014]
- plugin : add query methods for environment settings
- import ply
- model list : sub folder?
May start another project :
larger resolution scene editor
26 July, 2017
22 June, 2017
26 July, 2016
4 May, 2015