Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Very impressive article Jake! You are very talented.
nice article! i love seeing the breakdowns.
MilkyTracker is an open source, multi-platform music application for creating .MOD and .XM module files. It attempts to recreate the module replay and user experience of the popular DOS program Fasttracker II, with special playback modes available for improved Amiga ProTracker 2/3 compatibility.
MilkyTracker’s key features:
- Fasttracker II like, custom graphical user interface with context menus
- Supported on multiple platforms including portable devices
- Very accurate .XM replay compared to FT2
- ProTracker 2/3 playback modes for playing and editing .MOD files
- Various resampler options including emulated Amiga 500/1200 sound output
- Choose between a modern and a true-to-FT2 editing scheme / keyboard layout
- Tabbed user interface for opening and playing up to 32 modules simultaneously and for exchanging data between them
- Over 30 imported module formats
- Basic archive support for loading zipped, powerpacked and UMX modules directly
- Rendering songs/patterns to disk (.WAV) or directly to sample
- Powerful sample editor featuring waveform generators
- In-depth instrument editor featuring envelope zooming and scaling and support for copying and swapping instruments and samples across tabs
- Low latency audio driver support
- MIDI In support
- Module optimizer
- Internal file browser option
- Various font sizes for improved visibility of pattern data
- Prospective pattern view option
- Playing and editing simultaneously
- Live mode for seamless pattern changes