Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
It's not a talent, it's a dedication and self-motivation alongside with self-discipline.
Spain is spelt 'Spane' on the main page description of this article. Interesting read.
Can you please repost the download links? Thank you.
Misfit Model 3D
Misfit Model 3D is an OpenGL-based 3D model editor that works with triangle-based models. It supports multi-level undo, skeletal animations, simple texturing, command-line batch processing, and a plugin system for adding new model and image filters. Complete online help is included. The primary design goal is to be easy to use. Misfit Model 3D was written and tested on Linux (2.4 and 2.6 kernels) and has been compiled and tested on most major Linux distributions. It is also known to run on FreeBSD, Windows XP/2000, and Mac OS X (experimental).
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, Windows XP, and Mac OS X (experimental)
- Built on Qt (versions 3.x and 4.x) and OpenGL
- Up to 9 Orthographic canvas and 3D perspective viewports
- Viewport zoom and pan
- Command line support for batch processing (format conversions)
- Plugin architecture for adding tools, commands, model format filters, and image format filters
- Complete, context-sensitive online help
- Create 3D models composed of triangles
- Multi-level undo and redo
Create rectangles, cubes, ellipsoids, cylinders
- Translation, rotation, scaling, and shearing
- Copy/Paste between windows
- Background images for reference in model creation
- Face duplication, extrusion, and subdivision
- Group polygons for texturing or easy selection and manipulation
- Create a skeleton for skeletal animation
- Merge multiple model files into a single model
- Loads and saves Quake MD2, Milkshape 3D, Wavefront OBJ, and native MM3D format
- Loads Lightwave geometry and textures
- Loads 3DS geometry and textures (available as a plugin, no write capability).
Apply materials (skins) to models
- Multiple materials for any model
- Materials can be solid colors or image-map textures
- Alpha blending is applied to textures with an alpha channel
- Simple texture coordinate editing, operates on selected groups or faces
- Texture mapped materials can clamp at the edges or wrap
- Native support for all Qt-supported image formats (PNG, JPEG, BMP, and more)
- Native support for TGA and PCX files
- Plugin for ImLib2 texture loading for some other formats (GIF, TIFF, and more)
Create and run animations
- Skeletal animations (attach the model to a skeleton and move and rotate bone joints to animate the model)
- Frame animations (specify vertex positions for each vertex for each frame)
- Multiple named animations of both types
- Copy, split, and merge animations
- Convert skeletal animations into frame animations (for Quake MD2 export)