Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Lua is a scripting language that has gained tremendous popularity among game developers due to its speed, flexibility and ease of integration with existing C and C++ code bases. Lua is a thoroughly modern dynamically typed scripting language feature functions (with closures) as first class objects.
Moai SDK is open source and free to use with an attribution. Moai SDK has been contributed to by professional game developers from all over the world.
- Code your whole game in Lua with powerful game engine features at your fingertips.
- Iterate on your game dozens of times a day without compiles, builds, or device deployments.
- No porting to different device platforms required
- Integrated libraries and services for rendering and animation, sound, physics, text, tilesets, particle effects, device input, monetization and more.
- Full source access to the Moai SDK C++ code and device hosts.