Great job and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
Frankly I do not understand why we talk about the past of this CEO. As a player I do not care about what he did or not until his games are good. As an Environmental Artist instead I see a game with a shaky graphics. It is completely without personality, emotion and involvement. It can hardly be considered acceptable especially for the 2019 platforms (which I understand will be the target of this game). Well, this is probably an indie group, with no experience facing a first game in the real market. And that's fine. Do the best you can that even if you fail, you will learn and do better. From a technical point of view the method you are using is very old. It can work but not as you are doing it. I bet you're using Unity, it's easy to see that since I see assets from their asset store. Break your landscapes more, they are too monotonous and contact real 3D artists and level designers. One last thing, the last screenshot is worse than all the previous ones. The lights are wrong and everything screams disaster. Avoid similar disasters in the future.
But are they real or is it a mockery? or a scam? Truly horrible flat graphics and lacking a real sense of aesthetics. Ui devoid of consistency and usability. Do they really have a graphic art department? Imho in 2018 using such tricks so massively denotes profound technical incompetence.
- Shared UVs. Create and organize UV islands.
- Edge selection mode. Select edges in the UV Editor and 3D views.
- Highlighted shared UV points and UV edges.
- Highlighted boundary edges on the 3D model.
- Highlighted seams in the UV Editor.
- Peel UVs for unfolding pipes, tubes, paths and roads.
- Orient/align UV islands. Automatically align UV islands.
- Stitch/sew UV islands. Sew together discontinuous UVs.
- AutoScale UV islands. Automatically scales UVs proportionally.
- UV Pinning. UVs can be pinned for tools such as LSCM UVs.
- Seam Marking. Vertex edges can be marked for easy cutting.
- ABF UVs uses angle-based flattening for reducing texture stretch.
- Display UV texture distortion and UV winding order.
- Interactive seam picking mode. For marking seams in the 3D views.
- 3D Gizmo selection axis for manipulating geometry.
- Dramatic increase in UV and vertex welding speed.
- Poly reduction tool for reducing polygons while preserving detail.
- Repainting UVs for creating texture atlases from multiple textures.
- Import/export lights. More compatibility between file formats.
- Light Editor. For editing the properties of lights.
- Runs under Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 platforms (64-bit).
- 64-bit allows access to more than 4GB of system memory.
- Easy to use UV mapping editor.
- Fully OpenGL rendered viewports, with multiple layouts.
- Standard planar, box, cylindrical, and spherical UV mapping.
- Unfold UVs for unfolding faces into a 2D pattern.
- Pelt mapping for unwrapping organic models.
- LSCM UVs for reducing texture stretch.
- Stretch UVs for spreading out overlapping faces.
- Relax UVs to help minimize texture distortion.
- Pack UVs onto one texture to improve cache performance.
- Untangle UVs to separate overlapping UV coordinates.
- Interactive camera, planar, cylindrical, and spherical UV mapping.
- 2D editing tools include moving, scaling, rotating, flipping,
mirroring, straightening, stitching, and welding of UVs.
- 3D editing tools include triangulating, untriangulating,
flipping, welding, unwelding of vertices and faces.
- Material editor for editing material and texture properties.
- Bone editor for editing bone and animation properties.
- Export UV maps as Photoshop vector layers.
- Export UV maps to high resolution bitmaps.
- UV maps get updated in real-time.
- Pan and zoom in UV mapping space.
- Import/export multiple UV sets.
- Paint in 3D using vertex colors.
- Fast lasso and rectangle selection tools.
- Select by vertex, face, group, or material.
- Customizable hotkey shortcuts.
- Auto update of textures from file.
- Auto detection of texture aspect ratio.
- 99 level undo system by number or storage.
- Subdivide UV coordinates and geometry.
- Plugins that allow unlimited 3D import/export functionality.
- Import textures in variety of 2D graphics formats.
- Create plane, box, cone, cylinder, sphere, geosphere,
pyramid, prism, tube, torus, capsule and text primitives.
- Runs under Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 platforms.
19 July, 2017