This is amazing! Please tell us, What programs where used to create these amazing animations?
I am continuing development on WorldKit as a solo endeavor now. Progress is a bit slower as I've had to take a more moderate approach to development hours. I took a short break following the failure of the commercial launch, and now I have started up again, but I've gone from 90 hour work weeks to around 40 or 50 hour work weeks. See my longer reply on the future of WorldKit here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYgW5JfCQw&lc=UgxtXVCCULAyzrzAwvp4AaABAg.8swLeUjv7Fb8swt1875FAT I am hard at work with research and code, and am not quite ready to start the next fund-raising campaign to open-source, so I've been quiet for a while. I hope to have a video out on the new features in the next few weeks.
Someone please create open source world creator already in C/C++.
UVLayout is a stand-alone application for the creation and editing of UV texture coordinates for 3D polymeshes and subdivision surfaces. Used by professionals in the games and visual effects industries, by hobbyists of all types and by students, UVLayout’s unique approach gives texture artists the tools to produce high quality low distortion UVs in significantly less time than they would by traditional methods.
Using UVLayout could be described as the opposite of dress making; instead of cutting out a flat pattern and sewing that up to make clothing, in UVLayout the object is cut into pieces that are then flattened out to make the pattern. These flattened UV shells are not just planar projections; a dynamics based algorithm is used to spread the UVs out, as you watch, so that there’s minimal stretching, compression or skewing of textures when they’re applied to the object.
Some major features of UVLayout are:
- OBJ import and export
- Edge-loop Detection for quicker UV seam selection
- Symmetry Editing for faster flattening of symmetrical meshes
- Color Feedback for instant evaluation of distortion errors
- Edge Straightening on shell boundaries and interiors
- Flattening Brushes for local tweaks of the automatically generated UVs
- Auto Packing of UV shells to minimize wasted texture space
- Auto Stacking of similar shells for shared texture space usage
- Subdivision Surface calculations based on limit surface shape
- Unlimited Undo of all editing functions
- Plugin Interface for integration into other applications
1 August, 2018
23 April, 2018
9 January, 2018
11 December, 2017
27 September, 2017
8 May, 2017
23 January, 2017
9 September, 2016
29 July, 2016
1 June, 2016
25 May, 2016
4 May, 2016