SideFX, Riot Games, Ubisoft Toronto, Applied Intuition, and Hivemind are looking for talent.
Join our team as an Environment Artist, dedicated to creating visually stunning environments using Unreal Engine 5. If you're passionate about crafting immersive worlds and have expertise in Unreal Engine, we want to hear from you!
- Utilize Unreal Engine 5 to create breathtaking and realistic environments.
- Model, texture, and light 3D assets, including landscapes, architecture, props, and foliage.
- Optimize environments for performance while maintaining high-quality visuals.
- Implement environmental storytelling elements to enhance player immersion.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques in environment art.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional environment art skills in Unreal Engine 5.
- Proficiency in creating high-quality 3D assets using software like Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender.
- Extensive knowledge of PBR materials, lighting techniques, and real-time rendering.
- Understanding of composition, color theory, and visual storytelling.
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines.
- Passion for video games and a deep understanding of their visual and technical aspects.
We are looking for a full-stack web developer to add features to and maintain numerous external and internal Django-based websites. You will work in a small agile team alongside other web developers, web designers, and 3D software developers. At SideFX, you will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the success of our projects. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our highly motivated team.
What you will be working on:
- Implement and maintain Django-based websites
- Focus mainly on back-end development, but do front-end work as well
- Participate in the IT operation of the websites (DevOps/DevSecOps)
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Practical back-end web development experience
- Proficiency with Python
- Ability to build user interfaces using the latest web standards
- Experience working in Linux
- Knowledge of how to build secure websites and servers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to drive forward the accuracy and performance of our autonomous vehicle simulation tools. At Applied, you will be responsible for a lot of the technical development inside Unreal and/or the pipelines associated with it. This position will join an existing team of talented engineers and technical artists with backgrounds in games, Visual FX, autonomous systems, and robotics.
At Applied, you will:
- Establish content pipelines and standards for others to follow
- Architect complex logic inside the real-time engine
- Work closely with simulation engineers to ensure that our generated models provide sufficient fidelity for simulation
We're looking for someone who has:
- Has 5+ years of experience creating environments that were used in shipped products
- Is an expert user of at least one 3D DCC tool (e.g. Maya/Houdini)
- Has strong experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent
- Has a solid understanding of Python and game pipelines
- Has a strong grasp of shaders, materials, real-time game engine logic, and performance optimization
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Project L. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
- As a craft lead on the team, you will oversee the quality of the work the team delivers and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing AAA talent in China, developing and growing their skills through training and feedback
- You will collaborate with Rioters worldwide to make sure product goals are fulfilled, and working practices are appropriate
- You will set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, build trust with your team
- Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high-quality craft and individual growth
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated to finding creative and effective solutions to eliminate complex problems vigilantly
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality, hand-painted 3D models, including an understanding of how to produce assets which are optimized, performant and bug-free
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, design, and color theory
- A clear understanding of Riot's art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching other 3D artists
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely in English or Chinese
As a Gameplay Animator at UbiTO, you are responsible for a game’s polished, harmonious animation, which allows players to fully immerse themselves in a world that is stylistically believable and consistent.
Whether you’re animating for a hero or for a crowd or an object, you are always thinking of the movement’s intention and the subject’s behaviour, and of how this one tiny part fits into the larger picture of the game. All your efforts gain their meaning when you take a step back, see the finished product and feel the months of mechanics and decision-making dissolve to reveal a piece of art that brings a new, beautiful world to life.
The daily life of a Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Sync the engine and the build to ensure you’re working with the latest code and animations.
- Check in with your lead and your team to update and be updated on the current situation.
- Depending on the production stage, you then move on to:
- Prototyping, keyframing, or blocking an animation;
- Working on your animations, of course, from scratch or from mo-cap;
- Testing your animations—over and over—and validating your designs;
- Problem-solving your animations;
- Polishing your animations.
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
What it takes to make it:
- A college diploma in 3D for videogames or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in videogame animation or equivalent;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals;
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya;
- You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands of cohesive teamwork.