Need work? New jobs for game industry artists and designers posted each week! Find fresh career opportunities on 80 Level Weekly Jobs Digest.
Embrace the opportunity to be part of the creative heartbeat at Emotions-Gaming (under Saguni-tech). We are actively seeking a skilled and imaginative Senior Concept Designer specializing in VFX Attacks, with a nice-to-have proficiency in Environment Concepts. Join us in shaping the visual identity of our gaming experiences, including the development of captivating MMORPG projects.
As a Senior Concept Designer, your artistic vision will play a pivotal role in defining the visual language of our games. Primarily focused on VFX Attacks, you will bring dynamic and visually stunning attack concepts to life. The ability to conceptualize and design captivating environments is a valued skill.
- Proven experience as a Concept Designer, specializing in VFX Attacks.
- Exceptional artistic skills with the ability to convey dynamic motion and impact through concept art.
- Proficiency in translating abstract ideas into visually compelling designs.
- Strong understanding of gaming aesthetics and the ability to align with the overall art direction.
- Nice-to-have: Experience in creating imaginative Environment Concepts.
You will help create compelling 3D spaces for a well-established Multiplayer First-Person Shooter. You will learn new tools, techniques and processes, to get the team to a successful result. You will work with other designers, artists and developers to leave the players in awe.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in Level Design for (tactical) Multiplayer FPS games, through professionally or personally shipped levels
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, multi-discipline team
- Clear and proactive communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Ability to take on responsibility and ownership of designs
- Flexibility as priorities or requirements from other teams can change
- Passion for first-person shooters and a deep appreciation for game design
Level Designers at Valve join a world-class group of software engineers, artists, writers, animators, and designers who are continually building and releasing entertainment experiences to players around the globe. Level Designers help to create exciting new gameplay experiences, and we’re hoping to add your expertise in design tools, launching products, and iterating on solutions based on customer feedback.
Valve is an entertainment and technology company driven to design and deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to customers. We hire people with broad skill sets who also exhibit deep expertise. Level designers at Valve contribute in a wide variety of ways: we participate in design sessions to create outlines of game experiences. We build game worlds in 3D and use scripting to implement gameplay and story elements. We work in dynamic, cross-disciplinary teams to implement elements such as art, animation, story, and design requirements.
When applying, please include recent examples of levels or environments you have made.
Gearbox Software is seeking a skilled and motivated Technical Artist to assist the UI Art team with complex art systems, effects, and shaders used in bringing our projects’ presentations to life. This role will bridge the gap between art and tech by integrating art content while honoring the artistic vision and technical constraints.
- Comfortable working in a 3D modeling application and Photoshop.
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines.
- Take ownership of shippable quality content/systems that are memory efficient and performant.
- Problem-Solve and provide a clear solution to complicated issues.
- Ability to think out of the box to overcome technical challenges.
- Ability to self-direct and be autonomous when it is required.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following artistic disciplines: Environment/Level Art, Visual Effects, Surface Art, Lighting
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Procedural Technical Artist for the development of a new unannounced title!
You are into games – you love playing them and you love making them. And you’re half coder and half artist – you get both, you help each understand the other, and you can translate from art to tech and back again, so everyone gets the most out of the tools and knows what to ask for to get awesome art up onto the screen.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Expertise of 3D math fundamentals
- Expert knowledge of Houdini and best practices in procedural asset creation
- Familiar with artist workflows and processes
- Strong understanding of algorithm design and their inherent complexity
- Proficient scripting/programming experience in Python, PyQT/PySide
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for an experienced Senior Technical Artist who possesses a passion for Technical Art to help develop and support our titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
- 3+ years professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or similar/related position from industries such as film/VFX.
- An online portfolio showing relevant examples of your work.
- Experience using 3DS Max.
- Strong knowledge of C# and/or Maxscript.
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- Can demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Strong team spirit and innate ability to collaborate closely with others.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
More jobs can be found on the 80 Level job board.