The new patch 1.5 will bring improved AI behavior, re-balanced skills, and new elements to the world.
On Tuesday, during the REDstream, CD Projekt Red announced that the much-anticipated patch 1.5 for Cyberpunk 2077 is coming soon. The patch will include major improvements including AI behavior, re-balanced skills, and new elements to the world.
According to the devs, the changes will touch upon the PS5 that will support the features of the DualSense gamepad. Besides, all downloads have become much faster. Versions for the Xbox Series X and PS5 will have two graphics modes: 4K at 60 fps, as well as 4K at 30 fps with retrace (only for local shadows). On the Xbox Series S, the game will run at 1440p and 30 fps, and this version does not support tracing.
A full list of changes in the update has been published on the official website of the game. However, during the stream, the developers highlighted the main ones:
- Perks: the skill tree has been significantly redesigned, so after the update, players will be able to reassign their perks points.
- Combat AI: artificial intelligence of opponents has been improved. Now, the enemies will try to use shelters and attack more effectively.
- Living City: Night City has become more "alive". Crowds and drivers will react to the players' actions more realistically. NPC will no longer disappear when leaving the player's sight.
- "Skip Time" Interface: now the players can switch between different parts of the day easier, being able to see exactly how many hours they skipped, while pedestrians and cars around will change.
- "Toggle Walking" Option: the ability to switch to slow walking has been added to the game.
- Map: the map has been redesigned, now resizing icons, new tooltips, and filters have appeared on it.
- Economy: the devs tried to balance the in-game economy, increasing rewards from jobs and Open World activities and reducing the prices for vehicles and cyberware.
Content from free DLC will also be available within the patch. Two new types of weapons will be added to the game: Darra Polytechnic Umbra (Power Assault Rifle) and Budget Arms Guillotine (Power Submachine Gun).
The players will also get the ability to change certain features of their characters' appearance during the game including hair, makeup, and piercing when using the mirror in any of the apartments and safehouses. Additional options like hair color and makeup have appeared in the character creation menu.
The EzEstates website has become available from a home computer, where the players can change their home design or rent additional apartments in different areas of Night City.
The developers have also added extended romances with Panam, Kerry, River, and Judy that suggest "new interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner".
You can learn more about the updates on Cyberpunk 2077 here. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.