Check out a new plugin by Reallusion.
Reallusion shared a sneak peek of SkinGen, the team's new plugin for Character Creator. The new tool is said to add a Dynamic Skin Effects Layer Stack and promises more skin realism and detail customization.
- The SkinGen Dynamic Skin Effects Layer Stack and effects library adds more skin realism and detail customization. Rapidly build complex multi-layer skin with an ultrafine definition.
- Dynamic Skin Effects Layer Stack - sliders to adjust effect layers, blend modes, and ability to reorder layers in the stack
- Industry-Leading Skin Textures - supports Substance Engine and features content from Texturing.xyz
Skin Effects for Age, Gender, and Ethnicity
- Comprehensive Face and Body Customization - complete appearance design for the entire character including skin, hair, eyelashes, fingers, nails, even makeup.
- Real-time Editing for Each Body Material – Efficiently edit with 1K-2K textures for optimal performance and switch to 4K textures for final renders.
The team noted that the SkinGen textures, shaders and parameters will be exported to Unreal Engine via the Character Creator Auto Setup plugin when the SkinGen gets released.
Further details will be revealed along with the official release in July 2020.