It's your chance to join Ubisoft Toronto, Flying Wild Hog, Savvy Games Studios, Novablocks, or Wabisabi Games.
Principal Game Engineer at Novablocks
Novablocks is a VC-backed browser-native gaming platform designed for teenagers to build and play games instantly. Our mission is to create the most accessible sandbox game ever, to unlock imagination, to empower people to express themselves and to become game creators.
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Engineer to join us in a pivotal role, someone who wants to work as a technical strategist, helping to build out our core development team, and also as an active contributor across the entire stack. You will be working alongside a team of proven founders who have a track record and have previously exited a business.
- At least 5-7 years of game development experience
- Proven experience shipping a game from concept to launch
- Broad understanding of networking, game engine, physics and rendering technologies
- Knowledge of browser technologies, devices, HTML5, WebGL, and Three.js (bonus)
- Experience working in a small studio (5-30 people)
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player attitude
- Ability to tolerate and overcome challenges in a fast-paced startup environment
3D Environment Artist at Wabisabi Games
We are a new indie studio working on our first original IP.
The game is a new *Old School 3d platformer based on graffiti painting. Think of it as a mix of Jet Set Radio and Spyro the Dragon, with an art direction of Asian cyberpunk brutalist aesthetics (like the original manga of Ghost in the Shell).
The game is being developed for next-gen consoles and PC. We are currently reaching alpha and the objective is to find a person that can help the game reach beta and eventually release (the plan is to release the game in Q1 2024).
We are looking for a senior 3D environment artist focused on Unreal Engine that can help with the development of our videogame, creating atmospheres and environments inspired by the concept art to reach the level of quality of a III (triple I) game.
The person needs to show expertise in the entire environment art pipeline, from modularity planning, 3D modeling, creation of textures, shaders, and lighting.
The current technology pipeline is Maya, Substance 3D Painter/Designer, Photoshop, Unreal Engine 4.
Modeler [FAR CRY Project] at Ubisoft Toronto
The daily life of a Modeler at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Work with the Art team (including Art Lead and/or Art Director) to create high-quality 3d game assets;
- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead;
- Adhere to specific pipelines and adapt to constraints, implement and maintain 3d game assets;
- Be proactive and work closely with other teams to adapt assets to their needs and constraints;
- Use good judgment and expertise to optimize the assets that are produced and their uses;
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Prepare and communicate asset planning based on the requirement;
- Researching tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing assets;
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic contents;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in game asset creation or equivalent;
- Experience in 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Unreal or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering, texture, material, its relationship with lighting, and UV unwrapping and layout;
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition, and value/color theory;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner.
Senior UI/UX Artist at Savvy Games Studios
Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Minimum five years of experience in graphics design, interactive design, or digital experience.
- Track record of working as a UI/UX artist on a mobile game.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal and can support UI integration into the game engine.
- Experience in optimizing UI.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools
- Good Artistic skills (proportion, composition, color)
- Desire to understand the customers' preferences and the ability to produce appealing designs
- Motivated, goal-oriented, strong team player.
Lead UI Artist [Splinter Cell] at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Lead UI Artist at UbiTO, you will be both a hands-on developer and a vision-holding mentor as you work with a team of UI artists to transform high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs which meet our artistic and cognitive goals. You will oversee and coordinate your team in building and integrating the visuals that smoothly guide players as they navigate a game. Thanks to your understanding of the UI development process along with its (at times, many) technical and artistic constraints, you are go-to person for advice and a point of contact for all of production. You’re able to adapt the UI vision to support and enhance art and design changes if they happen, step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and make use of space to create a seamless and intuitive gameplay experience for players to enjoy.
What it takes to make it:
- A college diploma in Digital Media, Computational Arts, Graphic Design, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 5 years of visual design experience or related experience + 2 years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), game limitations, and prototyping tools *
- Solid understanding of usability principals & information architecture
- A highly empathetic, creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent mentorship, communication, organizational, time management, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Flexibility and a whole lot of resourcefulness
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- A sharp eye for UX design + a passion for visual communication
Level Artist at Flying Wild Hog
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
As a Level Artist, you will create amazing environments, cities, and landscapes that will fascinate and draw the player into our dynamic and unpredictable gameplay.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in the game industry documented by a portfolio
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the help of quick sketches
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Good knowledge of the English language enables easy communication in the team
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents) is a plus
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Passion for Games
Check out more openings on the 80 Level Job Board. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.