Get a chance to work for Ubisoft, Nintendo, MSG Sphere Studios, Aspiring Unicorn Games, SAFEHOUSE, Moment, Flying Wild Hog, Streamline Studios, and Toast VR.
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive, and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
What it takes to make it:
- 2+ years of proven experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and material properties.
- Proficiency in standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of the character art production pipeline
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Ability to both work independently and on a team
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proactive, a team player, and a constant learner.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
A group of veteran UI/UX devs left our cushy AAA jobs to form a better studio. A studio that doesn't crunch.
That's fully remote so we can live where we please. That pays well. That works on a variety of projects that we choose as a team. That was three years ago, and we've realized our dream; working as a first-class UI/UX support studio with everyone from The Behemoth on Alien Hominid Invasion, to The Initiative on Perfect Dark, to Epic on the UE5 Matrix Demo.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated ability in game design, graphic design, and motion graphics
- Demonstrated artistic success provided in portfolio
- Proven proficiency in current UI production software including Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent software
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- To be located in the GMT -5 to GMT -8 time zone range
- Prior Game Development Experience
- Knowledge of 3D software like Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, etc.
- Knowledge of UI implementation in standard game development tools like Unity and Unreal
Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment, and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce.
Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games. Nintendo is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy, and respect for each other.
- 2 or more years of professional experience in game development.
- Proven artistic and technical skills in 3D art production.
- Experienced with game development pipelines and game engines (e.g., Unreal, Unity or a proprietary engine)
- Proven proficiency with commercial art production software (e.g., Photoshop, Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Substance 3D Painter, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
SAFEHOUSE is looking for an experienced technical artist to work on multiple unannounced AAA game and film projects. The game is a long-running, industry-leading Japanese IP with global, mass-market appeal, which is forging ahead into the next generation using Unreal Engine 5. The ideal candidate for the job will have a deep understanding of both the technical and creative side of graphics and animation creation. They will be able to confidently act as a bridge between the Art Team and the Engineers, and shepherd a design from concept to final touch to help show the world what this legendary franchise can do in UE5.
- At least 2 shipped titles and 5+ years of experience in gaming or films
- High-level understanding of Unreal Engine
- Create, pitch, build out, and streamline new workflows and pipelines
- Create all new scripts or plug-ins to assist with the production process
- Tackle technically challenging tasks and keep them moving through the pipeline
- Knowledge of Maya’s rigging and skinning tools for setting up characters to transfer to Unreal Engine
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine’s native rigging tools
- Ability to coordinate between Tech and Art team members
Moment, formerly known as Moment House, is an immersive community platform expanding with an unannounced product called Worlds. Since its inception in 2019, we’ve helped artists and creators design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with artists and creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Andrew Schulz, KSI, Morbid: A True Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, and Kygo have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries. As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with Worlds, a utility-forward product to enable artists and creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real time.
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and performant 3D assets that pull out the creativity from the concepts
- Experience with building well-optimized low-poly environment assets
- High proficiency with Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Strong collaboration skills with everyone involved in the pipeline to ensure a great final product
- Strong ability to create stylized hand-painted materials
- A positive, passionate, and problem-solving approach to building 3D environments
- Minimum 5 years of experience in professional game development as a 3D artist focused on environments
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
Our team is currently working on a brand new and ambitious project for next-gen consoles and PC, created in Unreal Engine 5.
We are looking for a full-time VFX Artist who will be responsible for the creation and integration of top-quality real-time VFX for our fast-paced third-person action title. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the creation of remarkable in-game visual effects and should exhibit creativity, technical and artistic skills.
- Excellent people skills, as well as an eagerness for learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrable experience with the creation, integration, and optimization of real-time and cinematic visual effects, ideally including a notable contribution as a VFX Artist for video games.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and its Niagara VFX system, blueprints, and materials.
- Ability to work within highly technical constraints, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability for rapid and iterative creation based on peer feedback and directions.
- Extreme attention to detail and capacity to clearly represent abstract concepts.
- Knowledge in the software needed for his trade, including source control.
A Game Designer at Streamline Games is responsible for nurturing game ideas from concept to completion. You are the traffic controller of the flow of ideas through the team. Part storyteller, part world-builder and part architect of the games we create. You will work with the Game Director to ensure that the overall vision and direction of the game is adhered to.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Able to communicate ideas using visual aid.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Work within narrow design restrictions or broad design concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Game Design concepts (gameplay, learning curve, core game loop, balancing, reward system, player retention mechanics, etc).
- Ability to predict player behaviour and reaction to gameplay elements.
- Veteran game player: Vast knowledge of video games, flagship titles, and their audience.
- Deep understanding of the games industry landscape, market opportunities, and player expectations.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Demonstratable capabilities in their portfolio.
Toast VR is looking for a rockstar Environment Artist with a focus on stylised art to join work on an exciting new VR title. If you are self-driven, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for environmental storytelling, this is the perfect new role for you.
This role is for an experienced Environmental Artist to bring their experience to our business and take on an important role in the development of our next VR game for PlayStation VR, Oculus Quest and PC headsets (secret code name is currently “Matilda”).
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience creating 3D content for games or equivalent role in animation & film
- You have advanced knowledge of content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max or Blender
- You are competent with Zbrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- You are comfortable developing in Unity
- You are able to work independently and QA your own work
- You have strong verbal and written English skills
- You have amazing time management skills and you know how to prioritis
- You are self-motivated, proactive and you can speak up and share your opinion.
- You can work from our office at least 1 days per week or if you don’t want to relocate to the Gold Coast, you’ll join us for an in-person day at least once per month
- You enjoy collaborating and working with others and succeeding as a team
- You have a genuine interest in VR is essential
As a Junior Designer at MSG Entertainment Interactive, you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video games, amusement park rides, and spectacles. Your target platform is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of our guests. You build from specifications and team objectives and iterate to eventual production-quality deliverables. You’re part of a veteran cross-functional team and learning from each other every day. As an ideal candidate, you bring a solid design foundation and a broad range of skills including gameplay, and real-time iterative game pipelines. You have a passion for gaming and can create immersive, exciting work.
What do you need to succeed?
- Proficient with the Unreal Engine, visual scripting, and Blueprints
- Create design concepts and studies from scratch
- Passion for design
- Experience in level design using Unreal
- Deep understanding of fundamentals of core, casual, and free-to-play game design; ability to contextualize and articulate use of those aspects in a new venue
- Analytical understanding and appreciation of a wide variety of game genres and player types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to socialize and evangelize design requirements for projects
- Proficiency with common industry production and design software, including MS Office, Confluence, JIRA, Adobe CS, Figma
- Must be passionate for games
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
As a Technical Artist at UbiTO, you and your team strive towards creating game features that are visually stunning while maintaining their performance, exceeding the expectations of players.
To achieve this, you bring together the worlds of the artist and the programmer, acting as an interpreter and problem-solver. With your help, the two collaborate cohesively and efficiently, while staying on time and sticking to budget, using the most appropriate tools and pipelines. You ensure assets can be rendered without compromising the artistic vision, on the one hand, or busting your memory budget on the other, setting benchmarks for your feature as you go along. You are the team’s hybrid specialist, speaking both from the heart and the mind, while keeping an eye on quality.
- A college diploma in VFX, modelling or equivalent
- 3 years of experience as a VFX or game artist in the videogame industry OR extensive film/TV VFX experience
- Experience developing console or PC games—at least one full production cycle is a plus
- Experience with software such as Houdini, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Fume
More jobs can be found on the 80 Level job board.
You may find these articles interesting
80 Level Job Digest: Opportunities for Programmers, Artists & Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Great Positions for Artists & Game Designers
80 Level Job Digest: Great Vacancies for Artists
80 Level Job Digest: Positions for Animators, Artists & Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Great Positions for Experienced Artists & Producers