AMC Romania launched a new challenge that aims to create a bridge between traditional and future art environments.
The hero of the promo video for the contest became a 3D artist from AMC Romania, Marius Petre. He selected a sculpture by artist Darie Dup found at the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Bucharest, then analyzed it thoroughly, together with museum specialists and the artist himself. To morph it in 3D, he spent no less than 50 hours in front of the screen, and now he's challenging all those brave enough to turn a "living" work of art into a digital one.
The aim of AMC Art Hunt Challenge is to create a 3D web gallery showcasing the best 20 digital models of submitted artworks from all over the world, which will be available on the official website starting with November 4th. The contest will also facilitate meeting 3D artists and praising their talent with everyone interested in their craft, 3D art for games.
As this year we’ve all felt the need to explore more than we’ve actually been able to, organisers of the contest invite you on a journey to discover the art world and its vast possibilities of reinventing itself. Capturing its forms, shapes, materials, textures, feel, a story in a 3D digital model, this is our challenge to the international community of 3D artists. This contest is a reverence to sculptures, installations, all that is material and gets vandalised by pigeons and revolts, aged by time and weather, objects of contemplation in museums and galleries. It’s an interdisciplinary dialogue, exchange of practice, a bridge between generations of artists.
The winners will receive the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 1 laptop Asus ROG Strix G15, 1 Wacom Intuos Pro L graphic tablet, 1 3D printed model of your artwork, 1 Adobe Creative Cloud 1 year license, 1 Topogun 2 (+ upgrade to 3) license
- 2nd Prize: 1 Wacom Intuos Pro L graphic tablet, 1 3D printed model of your artwork, 1 Topogun 2 (+ upgrade to 3) license
- 3rd Prize: 1 Wacom Intuos Pro M, North graphic tablet, 1 3D printed model of your artwork, 1 Topogun 2 (+ upgrade to 3) license
- 20 places in the 3D gallery hosted on the website going live on November 4
- 20 access codes to 80 Level RFP, video game industry’s premium job-matching service connecting top-tier creative talent with hiring companies.
- 10 mentorships for locally based artists in the AMC mentorship program, that’s 2 months access to the entire AMC artists team starting November 16th.
Take your fav IRL art piece and make it last forever as a 3d digital model. Send it to email@example.com until October 20 and if it proves great 3D artistry, you’re in for the win!
More information can be found here.