Professional Services
Order outsourcing

Elden Ring: Over 9 Billion Deaths & 329 Million Attempts to Defeat Malenia

Bandai Namco Has released some fun stats on Elden Ring revealing the most challenging bosses, the most frequent causes of death, and more. 

To mark Elden Ring's first anniversary, Bandai Namco has revealed some intriguing game statistics, including data on the game's most notable and challenging bosses, the most common causes of death, the most frequently used spells, and more.

Among others, the publisher shared that since the game's release, players have participated in 5.9 million boss battles, with the most commonly attempted battle being against Malenia, Blade of Miquella, with a total of 329 million attempts.

Elden Ring is not a game for the faint of heart, given its high level of difficulty and challenge, and it's evidenced by the staggering number of deaths – over 9 billion – that players have experienced while playing the game. The most frequent cause of death (69%) is being killed by enemies and NPCs. It is followed by Status Effects (15%) and falling to death (14%).

While playing the game, players have used over 1 billion summons with the majority (88%) being used in the co-op mode, and the remaining 12% being used when invading other players.

Rock Sling has emerged as the most commonly used spell in Elden Ring, while Blessing of the Erdtree has been the most frequently acquired incantation.

Here are some more stats on the game:

Top 5 Boss Attempts

  1. Malenia, Blade of Miquella (329 million)
  2. Margit, The Fell Omen (281 million)
  3. Limgrave Tree Sentinel (277 million)
  4. Radagon of the Golden Order (148 million)
  5. Starscourge Radahn (139 million)

Causes of Death

  • 69% – enemies and NPCs
  • 15% – Status Effects (Poison, Scarlet Rot, Blood Loss, Frostbite, Sleep, Madness, and Death Blight)
  • 14% – fall to death
  • 2% – by another player

Top 5 Spell Casts

  1. Rock Sling
  2. Crystal Torrent
  3. Glintstone Pebble
  4. Greatblade Phalanx
  5. Rotten Breath

Top 5 Most Acquired Incantations

  1. Blessing of the Erdtree
  2. Bestial Sling
  3. Golden Vow
  4. The Flame of Frenzy
  5. Bestial Vitality

You can find Bandai Namco's post here. Also, don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.

Join discussion

Comments 0

    You might also like

    We need your consent

    We use cookies on this website to make your browsing experience better. By using the site you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more