FlippedNormals in collaboration with Stefan Oprisan has shared an asset with a highly realistic landscape of the arctic mountain environment featuring several types of aurora.
The asset is created by Stefan Oprisan, Environment and Material Artist from Ubisoft. It's a time-savvy and photo-realistic asset that includes the full range of the materials you'll need for recreating an arctic night with aurora. This arctic mountain environment has a highly realistic landscape featuring several types of aurora. Inside the asset, there is a range of trees, mountains, and stones. The trees are offered from high-level trees both snowed in and dead branches to small sapling trees with clusters of snow chunks.
The asset also includes a variety of mountain ranges to add depth and life to the scene. A background layer of the mountain allows the viewer to feel the distance. On top of that, there are realistic particles featuring rolling snow clouds over the mountain peaks and shooting stars.
- 3 Levels with unique Aurora Borealis atmospheres.
- 4x4km Playable landscape
- 5 Layer heightmap blended materials all featuring POM (Parallax Occlusion Mapping)
- Landscape Generated Flowmap & Albedo/Normal based on Distance Fade
- Distance Fade function to reduce tiling over distance
- Global & Per Material normal intensity
- Simulated Panning Clouds
- Unique Aurora Borealis material and meshes.
- 15 Uniquely Generated Trees ranging from full-grown, dead, and sapling.
- 4 Distance mountain ranges to scatter for extra depth