Professional Services
Order outsourcing

Dead Space Remake Debuted at No.1 on the UK Retail Charts

However, the game sold less than half of what The Callisto Protocol achieved in the first week of its release.

Last week saw a great number of new game releases including Dead Space, Forspoken, Goldeneye, and Hi-Fi Rush. 

According to GfK's new data (via GamesIndustry.biz), EA's remake of the horror sci-fi title showed impressive sales during its debut week making it to the top of the UK boxed charts. However, the game's sales were almost twice lower as those of the spiritual successor of the original Dead Space game, The Callisto Protocol.

Still, it's worth noting that the latest title from Glen Schofield had a lower price point than the Dead Space remake (£47 vs £63) and it was released during the holiday season when boxed games are usually sold better. Besides, The Callisto Protocol had a wider availability as in addition to PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S it was also released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

These figures, for sure, can change once digital data is available.

The majority of Dead Space sales (80%) were on PlayStation 5, and the rest 20% were on Xbox Series X|S. Again, this ratio can also change in the future especially considering that Xbox players typically purchase digital versions of games rather than physical ones.

Another new release during the week between January 22 and January 28 was Square Enix's new IP, Forspoken. The game debuted on the UK retail charts at the No.4 position.

As for Hi-Fi Rush and Goldeneye, the former was digital-only and accessible through Game Pass, while the latter was mainly limited to subscription services. Therefore, it's hard to provide information on these games' sales until digital data is available.

You can learn more about last week's best-selling boxed games in the UK here. Also, don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platformour Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.

Join discussion

Comments 0

    You might also like

    We need your consent

    We use cookies on this website to make your browsing experience better. By using the site you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more