KitBash3D is looking for an experienced 3D Graphics Engineer to join the team of creators and collaborators on a journey to build a better future.
Image credit: KitBash3D
KitBash3D is an innovative company that pushes the boundaries of creativity and imagination. The aim of the company is to empower and inspire creators in the digital frontier. Positioned at the forefront of technology and digital media, the company specializes in developing high-quality 3D assets and software for the film and video game industries.
Since the company's launch in 2017, its tools and services have been used in numerous movie and game projects for big studios, such as Marvel, Netflix, Warner Bros, HBO, EA, Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, and 2K Games. Moreover, KitBash3D has also catered to the needs of thousands of independent artists and enthusiasts across more than 150 countries. KitBash3D is a passionate team of creators and collaborators, united in their mission to shape a brighter future.
Image credit: KitBash3D
As a 3D Graphics Engineer, your primary role will involve close collaboration with the Engineering Manager, Software Engineering team, and 3D team to develop cutting-edge tools. This position entails writing code, conducting comprehensive testing, and documenting functional software as part of a dynamic and collaborative cross-functional team.
Location: this position offers flexibility for remote or hybrid work arrangements and is available to candidates residing in CA, OR, WA, FL, TX, CT, MO, and IL. Candidates located in the Portland, Oregon area also have the opportunity to work from the company's headquarters in Portland.
- Work closely with the engineering manager and product teams to continuously and iteratively develop large components of the company's proprietary pipeline tools, plugins for end-user 3D software, and tooling infrastructure to support KitBash3D's product offerings and services
- Design new pipeline and tooling features, gather requirements, and document the design
- Delight internal customers by solving problems and developing new product capabilities using C++, C#, and Python
- Share your domain knowledge with other team members through mentoring, leading design sessions, and writing documentation
- Participate in daily standups, drive your features to completion, and collaboratively work in a team environment
- Learn new technologies to keep your skills current
- Grow and scale your abilities as the company grows
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering using C++, C#, and Python
- Comfortable with the basics of Linear Algebra (vector and matrix mathematics) and its applications to computer graphics
- Experience developing computational geometry algorithms for mesh processing and image manipulation algorithms for texture processing
- An understanding of "big O" notation as it relates to the analysis of algorithmic complexity and its implications for dealing with large amounts of data
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Familiarity with best practices for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, Unity, Unreal Engine, or Blender 3D software and their APIs
- Previous experience in developing desktop applications for either macOS or Windows operating systems
- Working understanding of distributed systems and their design
- The ability to document design decisions via a combination of written text and digital whiteboarding
- Proven experience with owning or driving tool development projects and libraries
- Demonstrable ability to envision and design new features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable experience
- Front-end development experience
- Proven experience in taking a minimum viable product to a final system, taking into consideration the balance between technical debt and competing business priorities
What the company offers
- Competitive salary, the range for this position is $105 - $125k depending on location and experience
- Professional development funds
- Health benefits, such as medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation time
- 12 company holidays per year + End of Year companywide recess
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work and/or hybrid work in our NE Portland, or office
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth as KitBash3D grows