The title was designed to be one of the most moddable and open life-simulation games.
Developer Paradox Tectonic and publisher Paradox Interactive have released a long-awaited announcement trailer for Life by You, Paradox's The Sims-style open-world singleplayer life simulation game.
Designed to be one of the most moddable and open life-simulation games, the game features tons of options, enabling you to customize your characters, their homes, and their vehicles, create custom towns, items, and even gameplay elements, write your own dialogue, and much more.
What's more, the game is set to be released in Early Access at first, with the developers planning to provide "a wide variety of Creator Tools" for the players to create their own mods and game features.
- Play in an open world: Live life with no loading screens. Strike up real-language conversations. Drive or bike to the countryside. Discover and complete quests to unlock new experiences.
- Expand your creativity: Make your own in-game content through mods. Utilize a variety of deep Creator Tools. Change the gameplay anytime. Life is yours to make.
- Take direct control: Drag and drop your humans into their place – or drive them directly in third-person mode. Live the life of one or tell the stories of many. Climb a career ladder. Fall in love. Raise a family.
- Tell stories through conversations: Every real-language conversation is generated based on your human’s unique situation. You can even craft your own conversations in-game.
- Design your own world: Build your humans’ dream homes or businesses from scratch. Furnish them from top to bottom, inside to outside. Drag, demolish, and rearrange entire towns.
- Create fully-customized humans: Design your families in the Human Creator, including deep personality and character traits. Style and restyle your humans at any time.
Life by You is scheduled to be launched on September 12, 2023, via Steam and Epic Games Store. You can learn more and pre-order it here.