The updated version of C4D comes with Redshift CPU, new modeling tools, and ZBrush’s ZRemesher retopology system.
Maxon has revealed Cinema 4D R26, a new subscriber-only update to the company's 3D modeling, simulation, and animation tool. The updated version of C4D comes with a bunch of new modeling tools, Redshift CPU, a brand new cloth and splines simulation system, an integrated retopology system from ZBrush’s ZRemesher, new nodes, and tons of other minor enhancements.
Here's a list of new features and the latest improvements:
- Redshift CPU: All Cinema 4D users can now work with Redshift Materials, Lighting, and Rendering on any hardware with Redshift CPU support. The new Redshift CPU includes almost all the features of Redshift GPU. What's more, it is now possible to render with Redshift inside Cinema 4D on CPU or in hybrid mode using both CPU and GPU, without the need for a Redshift product subscription.
- ZRemesher: C4D's Remesh Object now includes ZBrush's ZRemesher. allowing for high-quality procedural automatic retopology. What's more, Quad Remesh Node offers procedural remeshing within Capsules/Scene Nodes.
- Modeling: The update brings new modeling commands – Tool Fit Circle, Edge Smooth, Edges Linear, Poke Polygons, Flatten, Set Edge Flow, and Even Spacing. Plus, the update adds a new powerful Bridge tool for surface and curvature interpolation.
- Cloth and Splines: Moreover, Cinema 4D S26 brings a new simulation system for cloth and splines. This implementation enables ropes to interact with cloth in simulations and allows multiple cloth objects to interact with each other. Simulations can be performed on either CPU or GPU.
- And many minor enhancements of animation, performance, and UI.