The update introduces a new UI, improved tools, and more.
Alexey Vanzhula released a new version of his Modeler – a Houdini plug-in for procedural and direct modeling.
The biggest change in the 2022 version is a new UI, part of which was shown in the sneak peek in January. You can now store your favorite shelf tools in a separate panel. Modeler tools, shelf tools, and radial menus can be assigned to hotkeys.
The Houdini window can be made transparent to make modeling on top of images easier.
Your pen's double-click in Modeler works more naturally than in Houdini:
Additionally, Modeler's tool for changing topology PolyPen has been improved for tablets, while Bevel Pro can now create bevels with a variable radius.
Other improvements include:
- Manipulating the viewport camera with the right mouse button
- Edge Loop repeat with the left mouse button click
- Modeling and Topology radial menu
- Group reselection supported in Modeler tools
- New Group Hard Edges tool
- Empty selection is treated as the entire selection
- Improved Polygons tool (Strokes)
- QPrimitive orientation via input connector
- Remesh quads with the Fill tool
- VDB Remesh tool
- Preview Subdivided with isolines
- UDIM Export tool