You can also book a car to south Auckland airport when travelling home or to your next destination.
Excellent overview of unreal Ray-Tracing stuff, thank you! Any chance you can add the scene to the asset pack?
So what's exactly the advantage? good would be a direct comparison to known renderers
The new updated version of the game, supporting GeForce RTX, will be available for a general audience on June 6.
NVIDIA partnered up with the modder and researcher Christoph Shied to fully upgrade Quake II with RTX ray-traced tech. The first version of this project was shown during GDC 2019. The company actually worked on the remaster of the full version of the game and you will be able to grab Quake II RTX on June 6th, 2019.
You will be able to enjoy the full visual glory of the new graphical feature, only if you have a GeForce RTX graphics card (RTX 2060 minimum) , or other capable hardware. The first 3 levels of the game will be available for free, enjoying fully remastered path-traced graphics and a variety of other enhancements. If you already own a copy of Quake II, you can play the campaign in full with no additional investment.
The June 6th release will also look even better thanks to numerous improvements to image quality, and new additions that add even more path-traced enhancements. Highlights include:
- Improved Global Illumination rendering, with three selectable quality presets, including two-bounce GI
- Multiplayer support
- Time of day options that radically change the appearance of some levels
- New weapon models & textures
- New dynamic environments (Stroggos surface, and space)
- Better physically based atmospheric scattering, including settings for Stroggos sky
- Real-time reflectivity of the player and weapon model on water and glass surfaces, and player model shadows, for owners of the complete game (the original Shareware release does not include player models)
- Improved ray tracing denoising technology
- All 3,000+ original game textures have been updated with a mix of Q2XP mod-pack textures and our own enhancements
- Updated effects with new sprites and particle animations
- Dynamic lighting for items such as blinking lights, signs, switches, elevators and moving objects
- Caustics approximation to improve water lighting effects
- High-quality screenshot mode that makes your screenshots look even better
- Support for the old OpenGL renderer, enabling you to switch between RTX ON and RTX OFF
- Cylindrical projection mode for wide-angle field of view on widescreen displays