Check out 5 optimization tools for Unity that can help you simplify your scene, lower the polygon count, clean up your meshes, analyze and improve your performance.
Poly Few will help you with a scene containing high polygon 3d models by simplifying meshes, automatically generating LODS in Unity and lowering the polygon count.
- Supports mesh simplification on the fly with a powerful runtime API.
- No coding knowledge is required. Use the full features of the tool in editor mode without writing even a single line of code.
- Supports simplifying both skinned and static meshes as well as meshes with 16 bit and 32 bit index formats.
- Supports simplifying complex nested object hierarchies as well as objects with sub-meshes and multiple materials.
Check the store for more information on requirements and refunds.
Mesh face optimization is a tool for removing useless triangles from meshes.
This asset will be useful for projects:
- with limited camera views angles like runners, platformers, games with the top-down view
- when you have combined objects
- if you use Kit assets like for houses, buildings, vehicles, props, etc.
GPU Performance Analyser is an advanced solution for finding bottlenecks on your scene. With it, you can find where you use too many polygons, too much transparency or where you just waste transparency because of too huge empty space on textures.
Works best in:
- GUI (especially transparency overdraw)
- 2D games (great wasted transparency blending and general overdraw)
- 3D games (great for double-sided objects, interiors)
GPU Instancer is an out of the box solution to display extreme numbers of objects on the screen with high performance.
- GPU frustum culling.
- GPU occlusion culling (also supports VR platforms with both single pass and multi-pass rendering modes).
- Automatically configured custom shader support.
- Supports Standard, LW, and HD Render Pipelines.
- Complex hierarchies of prefabs instanced with a single click.
- Multiple sub-meshes support.
- LOD Groups and cross-fading support (with animation or fade transition width).
- Automatic 2D Billboard generation system (Standard RP only).
- Shadows casting and receiving support for instances (frustum culled instances still can cast shadows).
- Ability to use custom shadow distance per prototype and to choose the LOD to render shadows with.
A couple of scripts that help you optimize the nonprimitive 2D Colliders (Edge Collider 2D and Polygon Collider 2D).
You can change the level of optimization in the Editor with direct feedback in the Scene View to find a suitable compromise between performance and a good approximation of the sprite shape. Usually, you can lose quite a bit of point with virtually no change in the polygon contour.
The Edge Collider also creates a good edge collision shape instead of the default 2 point line.