Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
In this short video, the guys from MAWI show how you can create an incredible natural landscape in just 3 seconds.
We’ve published a number of stories about the amazing guys at MAWI UNITED. These guys are providing some incredible high-quality vegetation assets for game developers. Their packs are expensive, but they provide you with some top notch photorealistic content for Unreal Engine 4.
Most recently the company has been working on an amazing pack Redwood Forest. It’s got a bunch of incredible vegetation, which will help you build a giant sequoia forest. It works in an absolutely amazing way. In this short video, developers painted a small terrain in UE4 in 3 seconds and got an absolutely stunning final scene with a lot of beautifully placed content. Everything works procedurally.
Here’s a little overview of the main features:
– Procedural forest painting, fully setup presets to paint entire forests down to the little redwoods seeds
– Water splines for rivers, waterfalls & lakes
– Custom wind system, set direction, speed and intensity globally via blueprint
– High-quality photogrammetry assets
– 10x ready to paint landscape layers
– 12x Mountain redwood tree variations
– 4x Dead trees assets
– 9x Rocks/Boulders assets
– 20+ Plants assets
– High detail ground cover: seeds, needles, bark, twigs …
– Background mountain and cloud assets to build large vistas around the forest.
– Over 130 materials including multiple variations for different assets.
– Procedural moss material functions
You’ll be able to purchase the Redwood Forest pack somewhere in Q2 2017.