The studio is in search for a Senior Technical Animator to work on a Star Wars FPS project.
Respawn Entertainment, the developer behind Apex Legends, the Titanfall series, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, is looking for a highly skilled Senior Technical Animator to join the team and contribute their extensive knowledge to support the Animation and Character Teams for a Star Wars FPS project.
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will closely collaborate with the Tech Anim, Engineering, Character Art, and Animation Departments and assist other developers during the work on the game.
- Help to develop the studio's technical animation tools and character pipeline from the ground up;
- Work directly with relevant contributors and department heads in order to develop the studio's runtime tools for the character pipeline in Unreal Engine, and build Maya pipelines to support them;
- Pioneer and develop solutions for character and animation workflows across the project;
- Partner with Engineering to implement character systems that are robust, performant, and scalable;
- Collaborate with Design and other disciplines to build functional prototypes in-engine, which you'll eventually develop into shippable systems;
- Work with Tech Anim, Animation, and Character Art Leads on developing a facial animation pipeline;
- Provide troubleshooting support to the relevant Art and Animation Teams, mainly for Tech Anim tools in Unreal and Maya;
- Provide feedback to external partners and help ensure their work meets our quality bar and performance standards.
- 5-7+ years of game industry experience working on the technical side of Art and Animation for games;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, professional manner;
- Extensive experience in writing Artist/Animator facing tools for relevant software (Python/PySide);
- Extensive character and creature rigging experience using Maya;
- Experience working with an engine-side scripting solution (Blueprint or equivalent);
- Experience working with both keyframe animation and motion capture data;
- Experience building or contributing to a FACS-based facial animation pipeline, and working with external partners;
- Experience working on 2 or more shipped AAA titles, ideally in the FPS genre.