Create stylish and immersive special effects for Primorden.
Primorden is an MMORPG styled in hand-illustrated 2.5D art. The team wants to create a persistent MOBA-like experience with socially competitive gameplay that is not only fun, but creates meaningful experiences and friendships that people can engage in for years to come.
Do you love games like DotA, League of Legends, Ultima Online, Eve Online, Runescape, Albion Online, or Realm of the Mad God? Do you yearn to create a game with less grind, more fun, and lots of socializing?
As the team's VFX artist, you will be responsible for creating stylish and immersive special effects for the game including particle and shader effects utilizing Unreal Engine’s built-in tools. You will collaborate with the studio's designers, developers, and artists to create high-quality real-time VFX for character skills, environment interactions, and UI transitions.
How you will make an impact:
- Create and optimize high-quality in-game visual effects and particle systems
- Master the editor’s tools and pipelines for VFX creation and optimization
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and programmers to achieve aesthetic excellence
- Optimize tasks and maintain a balance between quality and performance
- Technically implement, integrate, troubleshoot, and ensure the performance of effects in Unreal Engine
- Anticipate and communicate technical challenges with the team
Your character build:
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX artist in game development
- Experience with particle systems (Cascade, Niagara) and with shaders (HLSL/GLSL/Unreal Engine's materials)
- Skilled in using modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Knowledgeable in game development production pipelines and workflows
- Proficient in VFX fundamentals like timing, shape language, and color theory
- Video game enthusiast
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that calls you to build something people love
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, and growth
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Relocation: Discover Thailand's vibrant culture and lush landscapes with comprehensive relocation benefits.
- Wellness: The team invests in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: Comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join the awesome team and enjoy cat memes, games, and most importantly food!
- Salary: The team will make sure you’re covered so that you don’t have to stress about your finances.
- Investors: The studio is backed by the top VCs in the space, including Solana Ventures, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: The studio prefers direct communication and trusts that in times of need, they support each other.