As a 3D Vehicle Artist at the studio, you'll have to work closely with the art team and produce highly-detailed vehicle art, starting from the concept art stage to the final design.
Skyhook Games, UK-based art outsourcing and game development studio, is looking for a 3D Vehicle Artist who will work on producing highly-detailed vehicle art, starting from the concept art stage to the final design.
"This is such an exciting time to join Skyhook Games and we are currently on the lookout for superstars to join our great team. We recently moved into brand new offices in the trendy 'Baltic Triangle' area of Liverpool City Centre and are currently developing our own game for PC and console backed by a leading UK publisher. We offer flexible working schedules as well as a collaborative, supportive culture."
The company says it will provide an enjoyable, creative, and equitable work environment, with a strong emphasis on flexibility and work-life balance for all team members. The team has also recently upgraded its benefits package, which now includes extra vacation days, an additional holiday buy and sell scheme, a contributory pension, an enhanced cost savings program, flexible work hours, free parking, remote work options, and continual training opportunities.
- Creating high-detail vehicle art from the concept art stage to the final design;
- Ensuring art assets are delivered on time and to a high standard;
- Working closely with the art team to achieve desired look and quality across all projects;
- Working to a production schedule, managing files, and meeting deadlines.
- 2+ years’ experience in a professional game development environment (Shuhook Games notes that this isn’t a hard requirement, but indicative of the level of experience it's looking for in this role);
- Strong vehicle modeling skills (high and low poly);
- Working knowledge of PBR techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of optimization processes for creating game engine-friendly assets;
- A solid work ethic, critical approach, and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations;
- Strong 3D vehicle design skills (non-licensed vehicles especially)ж
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills.
The team notes that candidates who have experience with multiple gaming engines, vehicle design skills in non-licensed vehicles, knowledge of cutting-edge art techniques, and prior experience in art outsourcing will be preferred for the job. A degree in Computer Animation, Game Art, or equivalent will be a plus, although the company will also consider candidates with a strong portfolio. Having traditional art skills such as drawing and sculpting will be an added advantage.
You can learn more about the position and apply here. Also, don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform, our Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.