The update brings three new modeling tools, adds scene importing, and features multiple USD improvements and minor changes.
Adobe has announced Substance 3D Modeler 0.14, the third version of the software's public beta released back in May. The new version of the tool comes with new modeling tools, scene importing, multiple USD improvements, new keyboard shortcuts, and tons of minor changes and bug fixes.
The highlight of the update is the addition of three new modeling tools – the Crease tool, to carve creases into your clay, the Split tool, to cut pieces from an existing layer into a new layer, and the Crop tool, to delete everything in a layer except what is covered by the brush.
- Changes to scoping.
- Various USD improvements.
- New keyboard shortcuts.
- Autosave has been added and is enabled by default.
- GLB files can now be imported and exported.
- Scene importing from Modeler.
- Improved support for vertex color importing.
- And much more!