The generator is powered by Geometry Nodes and is available via the artist's Gumroad.
Art Director at ILM Julien Gauthier released a new Procedural Building generator, a powerful Geometry Nodes-powered system that will allow you to turn a simple mesh into a complex building. First announced in early May, the generator gives you the ability to create any type of house you want and customize its looks, number of floors, windows, roof, doors, smaller details, and even the building's architectural style.
Features you get in one single node group:
- Instance Collections on Faces (7 slots available) with automatic boolean (for windows)
- Option to fit instanced objects to Faces
- Add ledge on horizontal Creased Edges (using a profile curve)
- Add beams on vertical Creased Edges (using single objects)
- Scatter object on faces, randomly or on a grid (e.g to do rooftile) with random transform
- Scatter collection on roof
- Array of object along the faces, horizontally
- Automatic support pillar creation
- Roof parapet settings
- Automatic foundation
- Apply the GeoNode into a single mesh for easy export.
- Many other small settings