The release brings faster processing, the ability to work with bigger meshes, and more accurate textures.
Capturing Reality has officially launched RealityCapture 1.2.2, an updated version of the company's photogrammetry software for creating 3D models out of photographs or scans. Focusing on workflow improvements, the release brings the ability to render massive, 40+ million triangles, meshes directly in RealityCapture and simplifies the cleaning process, accelerates the application's processing, speeding up the software's photos-to-mesh converting 20-80%, enhances RC's texturing capabilities, and more.
RealityCapture 1.2.2 features:
- Enhancements to the 3Ds renderer: Display large-scale models and clean them out without having to use the clipping box.
- Faster reconstruction: Depending on the number of images expect higher speed-ups on larger datasets and smaller speed-ups on smaller datasets.
- More accurate textures: The texturing has been enhanced to create more accurate textures on the edges of the contrasting colors.
- Better handling of disk space errors: The new feature that pauses the application progress automatically when cache files fill the whole storage disk to avoid further issues.
- RealityCapture Help is now available.
- Changed the default from the 2Ds to the 1Ds view.
- Export undistorted images in EXR format as 32-bit images.
- Added native HEIC image format support.
- Added functionality to render objects from camera positions using a report function.
- And more!