The upgraded version of the tool adds 120 new puddle presets.
Freelance Game Artist and Add-on Developer Ronan Mahon has announced the release of Decal Designer 1.16, a new and improved version of the artist's procedural tool for creating decals and materials in Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5. According to the creator, the upgraded version of the add-on adds 120 new procedural puddle presets.
For those unaware, Decal Designer was initially released back in 2021, enabling artists to create decals and materials directly in the Unreal Engine's viewport. The tool allows one to use procedural texture generation to create infinite variations with ease, input custom masks and textures, and even type graffiti with text in the engine.
- Decal Mixer - an interactive way to make thousands of decals.
- Decal Volume Scatter - automatically place decals in your level.
- Graffiti - simply type any text to generate graffiti.
- Library of 320+ Decal materials.
- Special Decal features such as angle blending, depth fade, backface culling, spherical mapping, World and Triplanar mapping, POM, and more.
- 1 Core Master Material Function with 12 Master Decal Materials.
- 50+ parameters including Stylization, Height Blending, Thickness, Underlayer blurring, and Contextual Distribution.
- 7 Maps - Library, Features, BlendModes and Tutorial, and more.
- Decal Designer creates standard Textures in the Content Browser.