The new version comes with a new, Python-based scriptable architecture, giving the possibility to code UV processing operations.
A new version UVPackmaster, an efficient and fully-featured UV packing engine for Blender, has been released. The new version of the tool brings many new features that are designed to move it towards more general UV applications. Besides being a great UV packing solution, it also introduces an advanced UV aligning/stacking algorithm and other auxiliary tools, greatly simplifying your UV workflow. All these functionalities run with engine acceleration for maximum efficiency.
In comparison to the previous version, UVPackmaster 3 is based on a new, scriptable architecture, designed with maximum flexibility in mind. Thanks to embedded Python, the user has the possibility to code their own UV processing operations, perfectly adjusted to their own workflows.
In summary, the new version of the tool now allows you to:
- Pack thousands of UV islands in seconds on the CPU.
- Split UV islands into any number of named groups.
- Assign a scale limit to UV islands with less priority.
- Run a heuristic search to find the maximally-dense packing.
- Lock stacked UV islands.
- Assign arbitrary islands to lock groups.
- Pack a single UV map to many tiles.
- Pack with the exact pixel margin and padding.
- And more!