Riot Games, Ubisoft Toronto, Savvy Games Studios, BeamNG, Vizmoo LLC, Saxion, Piomotion, and Applied Intuition offer positions for talented specialists.
We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.
In order to support our project, we are looking for a passionate VFX / Unreal engine Programmer to create high-quality visual effects. Our tools will be used widely for supporting some movies to create a realistic vehicle simulation.
- Experience developing plugins for motion graphics and video applications (Blender, Houdini, etc) in the VFX toolchain
- Proven professional experience with a minimum of 2+ years in C++
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross-functional teams with engineers, artists, and management teams
- Excellent communication skills in English, able to convey complex information in a clear and suitable manner to a diverse audience
- Ability to think critically, understand complexities, and support day-to-day workflow
- Ambitions and desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Project L. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality concept art
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, design principles and color theory
- A clear understanding of and proven ability to work in the Riot's art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching other Illustrators
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback to other artists on craft
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas in a concise way, in English or in Chinese
We're looking for an enthusiastic, talented game dev who wants the chance to get in early and help develop a very cool, immersive VR therapy platform that will help people with their everyday lives. You'll be working closely with the game's creator and developer, Michael Stauffer, on innovative technology. Long-term goals include expanding our prototype VR musical sculpture tool into a therapeutic intervention as well.
- Candidates MUST BE US-BASED (US government R&D contract)
- Candidates must have strong industry/professional experience.
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Philadelphia area hybrid is preferred, but full remote is possible for the right candidate.
8-month contract - June/July 2023 thru Feb 2024 - with a good possibility of longer-term work. Ideally, the new developer will continue with Vizmoo after the 8-month contract as longer-term funding is secured.
The Saxion XR Lab is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead our innovative research projects in the area of XR, gaming, visual storytelling, and computer graphics. Our ideal candidate has a wealth of experience in industry-standard project management, with a proven track record of successfully managing diverse teams across multiple projects.
At Saxion we explore future developments, look beyond our borders and disciplines and drive innovation. By doing this together we contribute to a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. We question how significant technological innovations are and how they can contribute to humanity, society and our planet. We teach our students to look at social issues from a broad perspective and to come up with practical solutions.
- Extensive industry-level experience as a project manager, preferably in the creative industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Passion for coaching and mentoring talent, with a broad network within the creative industry.
- Preferably holds a master’s degree.
- Having a background in visual arts will be considered a bonus.
As a Technical Animator, you will be supporting while innovating animation systems and activities. Working closely with animators, riggers, designers and programmers, you will be handling mocap data, lip sync and facial animation systems, animation rigs, physics rigs, animation trees and dynamic objects. In this role, you will follow, refine or establish pipelines for both conventional and innovative features.
Training: College diploma in 3D animation techniques for video games or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in video game technical animation, or any other relevant experience.
- Scripting skills (MEL/Python/Lua, etc.);
- Understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Understanding of fundamental animation principles;
- Understanding of fundamental Rigging principles;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Artists and Software Engineers;
- Relevant software experience - Motionbuilder, 3DSMax or Maya, and game engines;
- Strong problem-solving mindset;
- Adaptability, suppleness, flexibility, open mind;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project.
As our Unreal Engine Team Leader, you will be responsible for building and managing a production pipeline for animated short films, essentially from scratch. You will lead and inspire a small in-house team as well as manage contractors and/or freelancers as necessary. Since the rest of the in-house team has limited experience with Unreal Engine, you will initially need to spend some time on training and developing their skills. You will be given a broad mandate to structure and organize the team and the production process the way you see fit. In return, the company expects cost-effective and timely project execution, with high-quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
Skills and experience:
You have extensive documented experience using Unreal Engine for film production. A profound familiarity with the strengths and weaknesses of Unreal Engine is a requirement, along with a deep understanding of how to build and optimize an Unreal-focused pipeline for cost-effective, flexible and fast production. Documented experience from managing and leading a production team is a must. Prior experience managing contractors and/or freelancers would be an advantage.
We are actively looking for a Lead Environment Artist to lay the foundation of our environment art workflow to produce AAA-quality 3D environment art. Your role will be to create assets at the highest standards of visual fidelity. You will build a high-performing team, mentoring other artists in matters of quality, correctness, and efficiency. We expect you to design and enforce workflows that enable our assets to be as flexible, variable, and photo-realistic as possible.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Expertise using a 3D modeling tool (e.g., Maya) and a sculpting tool (ZBrush, Mudbox)
- Strong background as a quality texture artist with a thorough understanding of normal map baking, substance tools, etc.
- Proficiency with at least 1 AAA engine, like Unreal/Frostbite or other internal equivalents
- Excellent understanding of PBR literature and light propagation mechanics
As a Texture Artist at UbiTO, you will make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it. With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, you add the details that define characters, objects, and environments. You take inspiration from reality to build believable materials and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable.
What you'll bring:
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in texturing, modelling, lighting, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, ZBrush, or Maya) + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details!
Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
SGS is looking for a Senior Concept Artist who can work on multiple Ideas and brainstorm visual solutions. The concept Artist will help the teams set and enhance the game's visual identity and key elements. As concept artists, you will create desirable final in-game artwork and placeholder artwork that feels authentic and lifelike.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of art, animation, and culture.
- A genuine passion for games and game concept art.
- Motivated, goal-oriented, strong team player.
- Must be a team player and a good listener.
- 8-15 years of industry experience as a concept artist/senior concept artist and worked with at least 5-7 titles.
- Should have a great portfolio with life study, gesture drawings, animal study, character design, concept art, character design, key art, and many other drawing-related things.
- In-depth knowledge and study of life drawing, painting, perception, lighting, and rendering
- Must have human, and animal anatomy study and detailed understanding.
- 3D software knowledge will be a plus; able to grasp new software and pipeline quickly for efficiency, and 3D software like Blender, SketchUp, and other software helps with 2D pipelines.
- Track record of working as a concept artist on a mobile/console game.
- Experience in quick gesture drawing, thumbnail, and ideation sketches.
- Able to guide and supervise juniors for better concept quality and workflow.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of how concept design, color palette, or key elements are going well with the gameplay and narrative, and the ability to communicate these links to the team.
As a 3D Art Lead in the Singapore Studio, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling characters, creatures, props, and environments.
You’ll expand and support a high-performing external team and give them the guidance and context they need to deliver amazing models that set industry standards on craft, meet all technical requirements, and match our art style.
Through craft training and hands-on leadership, you will level up the team’s craft, mediate and resolve craft disagreements and misalignment, and keep the team motivated towards creating excellent experiences for our players. Using your broad knowledge of art, craft, and technique, you’ll set clear goals for your team and ensure that delivering those goals is as smooth as possible for your team and their stakeholders.
You will partner closely with the product teams and other artists, ensuring that models are excellent in a vacuum and effectively promote and align with larger products. You will maintain your craft skills, inspire creativity and keep a high-quality bar with hands-on 3D work as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality, hand-painted 3D models, including an understanding of how to produce assets which are optimized, performant and bug-free
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, design, and color theory
- A clear understanding of Riot's art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching other 3D artists
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely in English or Chinese
You may find these articles interesting
80 Level Job Digest: New Opportunities for Programmers
80 Level Job Digest: New Positions for Talented Artists
80 Level Job Digest: Offers for Artists, Animators & Programmers
80 Level Job Digest: New Opportunities for Artists & Game Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Positions for Artists, Game Engineers & Directors
80 Level Job Digest: Fantastic Opportunities for Artists