Great new opportunities at Ubisoft Toronto, MSG Sphere Studios, Flying Wild Hog, Counterplay Games, Savvy Games Studios, and Bongfish.
Senior Weapon Artist at Counterplay Games
Counterplay Games is looking for a Senior Weapon Artist for our next-gen PC and Console AAA game currently being developed using Unreal Engine 5. As a Senior Weapon Artist, you will be responsible for faithfully creating weapons from real-world references as well as developing them from scratch based on concept art. You will also be responsible for supervising and mentoring junior members of the weapon art team and collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure that all weapons achieve the quality bar established by the Weapons Lead.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in game development and hard surface asset creation
- Expert knowledge of current-generation game art techniques and dependencies
- Strong understanding of PBR texture workflow
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of Unreal or equivalent real-time game engines
Sr. 3D Artist at Savvy Games Studios
Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Expert in 3D Software like Maya, Max, Zbrush, Blender, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D Assets, tools, and pipeline creation.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience as a Sr. 3D Artist (experience in Character, Environment, and Props creation) 3D Artist, or equivalent, must have shipped over 3-5 games, including AAA titles on mobile or console.
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma, such as BFA or equivalent, is preferred.
- He/She should possess strong proactive problem-solving and intuitive skills in 3D Tools creations.
- Deep knowledge of the various game genres across all platforms.
- The applicant should be an expert in Unity and other gaming engines.
- Experience in working with a range of devices from mobile to console.
- The applicant with good leadership skills, the capacity to work in a team, and the ability to delegate and oversee the work as necessary will be given preference.
- Outstanding time and priority management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation,
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Strong proactive, problem-solving, and intuitive development skills.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Fast and willing learner.
Level Artist [Splinter Cell] at Ubisoft Toronto
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
Skills & Requirements:
- College diploma in 3D Art techniques for video games or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in modelling, texture, lighting and image processing or other relevant experience;
- Experience in an art role on 1-3 AAA game production cycles;
- Knowledge of image composition, lighting, colour theory;
- Strong storytelling and observation skills;
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of ways to create atmospheres (lighting, artistic composition, etc.).
Senior Character Artist [Splinter Cell] at Ubisoft Toronto
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive, and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
- 4+ years of proven experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and material properties.
- Proficiency in standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of the character art production pipeline
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Ability to both work independently and on a team
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proactive, a team player, and a constant learner.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
Level Artist at Flying Wild Hog
As a Level Artist, you will create amazing environments, cities, and landscapes that will fascinate and draw the player into our dynamic and unpredictable gameplay.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in the game industry documented by a portfolio
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the help of quick sketches
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Good knowledge of the English language enables easy communication in the team
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents) is a plus
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Passion for games
VFX Art Specialist at MSG Sphere Studios
As a VFX Art Specialist at MSG Sphere Studios, you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your target platform is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of our guests. You build from specifications and team objectives and iterate to eventual production-quality deliverables. You’re part of a veteran cross-functional team, learning from each other every day. As an ideal candidate, you bring a solid artistic foundation in 3D art and a broad range of skills including gameplay, props, and real-time and standard production art pipelines. You have a passion for gaming and have the ability to create immersive, exciting work.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 2 years in full-cycle AAA game development
- Highly proficient with the Unreal Engine including Niagara and the material editor
- Create concepts and assets from scratch
- Passion for fluid dynamics
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple media, excellent drawing skills, and matte painting experience
- Experience with storytelling and concept development
- Experience with post-process effects and how to create them
- Passion for pushing fidelity and refining techniques as technology changes
- Excellent texture-creation skills
- Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas and concepts into compelling work
- Ability to create a low-poly model within a poly budget and efficiently unwrap the UVs for texturing
- Aware of memory and technical constraints while working, and can balance visual quality with performance
- Must be passionate about games
Senior Gameplay Programmer at Bongfish
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will develop new & existing gameplay mechanics. You will work, closely together with other engineers, on all parts of the feature development process from prototyping to production.
- You have strong C++ skills with a good foundation in system design, programming and debugging. You also have an excellent understanding of 3D math, general gameplay mechanics and architectures
- You have 5+ years game development experience, and have shipped at least one title
- You are passionate about playing and making video games
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills and are comfortable to work with technical and non-technical people
- Writing tests for ensuring your code qualities is included in your routine
Unreal Gameplay Engineer at MSG Sphere Studios
As a Software Engineer at MSG Sphere Studios Interactive you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your production hardware is the mobile phones of our guests and The Sphere – a massive Las Vegas entertainment complex with 16K video, 4D responsive seating and beam-formed audio. You build iteratively from subsystem specifications and team objectives: first a quick prototype, then some polish, maybe a pivot, eventually production-quality code. You are part of a veteran cross-functional team, and you’re learning from each other every day. As an ideal candidate you bring a solid technical foundation in computer science and a broad range of skills including real-time graphics, gameplay, usability evaluation and scripting. Join us.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of professional gameplay engineering experience• Solid communications and team relations skills
- Expertise in Unreal / C++ & blueprints
- Professional experience working with high-resolution 2D, 3D, and audio
- Computer Science BS/MS or equivalent experience
UI Programmer [REMOTE] at Flying Wild Hog
As a UI Programmer, you will cooperate with cross-functional teams to design, deliver and maintain UI features on-time and to a high level of quality. On a regular basis you will communicate and interact with designers, animators and other programmers. Through this, you will gather the requirements for, and own the implementation of, key tasks and features related to a wide range of UI development areas.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong practical knowledge of C++
- Professional experience iteratively implementing user interface features from inception to delivery
- Understanding player expectations in terms of gameplay mechanics of modern video games
- Experience with working on multiple platforms
- Good communication and team skills
- Experience with UE4 will be a plus
Lead Programmer at Savvy Games Studios
Savvy Games Studios is looking for a Senior 3D artist who understands and has expertise in the 3D pipelines for Characters and Environments. The artist will work closely with the Art Director, Lead Artist, and Production team. He or she would produce 3D models for characters, environments, and props according to style guides optimized for mobile devices. Along with creating great quality work, they will be supporting in mentoring a team of artists and occasionally supervising the work done by external teams.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Passion for creating and playing games
- Should have shipped multiple mobile games.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to nurture and grow talent within the team.
- Experience in managing multiple prototyping or development teams.
- Possesses strong skills in Unity3D development and C#.
- Strong understanding of mobile graphics pipeline.
- Excellent understanding of mobile device limitations and platform fragmentation.
- A clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP, TCP, etc.
- Understanding databases would be helpful in the day-to-day job.
- Experience with multiple mobile games with complete life cycle development of the game.
- Experience with F2P as a player and a developer.
Check out more openings on the 80 Level Job Board. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting