The tool enables you to make small edits on organic meshes and produce complex sculpts directly in 3ds Max 2023 or higher.
3D Artist Mihail Lupu has released Sculpt Tool for 3ds Max, a cool new add-on that adds a sizeable sculpting toolset directly into Autodesk's 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software. Available for 3ds Max 2023 and higher, the tool allows you to make small edits on organic meshes and produce complex sculpts directly in the software, without the need to export/import your models to other sculpt applications.
- You can do sculpt edits in Editable Poly and Edit Poly.
- You can use a pen tablet or a mouse to sculpt. The choose is yours.
- You can brush object face selection.
- You can revert your sculpt modifications by pressing Ctrl while brushing the object surface. Undo may freeze your app. Use undo with caution!
- Boolean operations available while using the Remesh button (Union, Subtract, Intersection).
- Using Smoothing Groups and / or Materials ID to define a good topology while Remeshing.
- Slice Tool is now integrated in the sculpt tool main UI.
- Material IDs can be used later on ZBrush as Poly Groups (Import as FBX).
- Anytime you can select the perfect combination of brush settings for your needs.