Here's a neat new tool for generating various procedural buildings.
Blender Artist Soluyanov Sergey, a.k.a. SoluSerg, has released a new add-on for Blender called Building Nodes, designed to procedurally generate buildings. According to the tool's description, the work of the add-on is similar to panel housing construction, with the working process consisting of 3 steps:
- Creating a panel with standard Blender tools.
- Creating building style with a dedicated node tree editor.
- Creating base mesh that will be turned into a building, also with standard Blender modeling tools.
After the steps, the author adds, a building style can be applied to a Base Mesh. Instead of Base Mesh, the add-on will create a building. Base Mesh and building style can both be edited at any moment and changes will be applied at once.
- Once a building style was created, it can be applied to as many objects as you wish.
- Buildings can be edited at any time.
- The work of the add-on nodes is intuitively clearer. The abstraction of the nodes is close to real-world objects.
- Easy to use.
- 5 different building styles.
You can learn more and get the add-on here. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.