Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
If you're willing to compile it, Aseprite is a great option as well.
check my website for the latest tips - always updating with new content!
DECALmachine: Work with Decals in Blender
24 April, 2017
DECALmachine is a Blender add-on by Gumroad user machin3 that simplifies and automates work with mesh based decals, bringing quick design thinking, iteration and exploration. The toolkit is all about non-committal, non-destructive way. DECALmachine should be used with Blender’s Cycles renderer.
- use decals on flat surfaces and project them on curved surfaces
- ‘cut’ decal panel lines in a boolean-like manner
- parallax adds convincing depth to normal mapped decals
- retain sharp details at all scales, independent of texture resolution
- decal and panel UV creation is automatic and base meshes don’t need UVs
- change panel decal width and panel type after a panel has been ‘cut’
- change the panel decal shape and direction after it has been ‘cut’
- retrieve the original un-pojected decal sources at any time
- retrieve the cutters of panel decals at any time
- material cutting and material decals
- separate decal subset materials
- separate panel materials for each side side and panel flipping to switch those sides
- match decals to target materials
- panel unwrapping for custom drawn or modified panel decals
- quickly rotate decals in 45 degree steps without leaving face snapping
- 104 decal assets supplied
Suggested tools for the best experience:
- Asset Management for quick access to the decal assets
- Hard Ops
- Batch Operations
- mirror mirror and multi mirror mirror
- shading switch
- center cube